Friday, March 2, 2012

RED FLAG

Hopefully you guys read "A Chat with Lorenzo." If not, be sure to check that out here!  One of the questions I asked him had to do with red flags. What are some red flags that Christian ladies should look out for when it comes to being pursued by a male with hidden intentions? I wanted to piggy back off of some of the things that Lorenzo said.


I'm going to be pretty transparent for a moment. I recently got a Facebook message from someone that was very inappropriate. I was pretty shocked considering I use my Facebook page as an opportunity to encourage and minister to people. I have God, Jesus and scriptures all up and down my page. So to get a message that was pretty suggestive was surprising but whatever. It happens I guess. But it encouraged me to write about these RED FLAGS.

  • Sex is not a nonchalant topic. If a guy is a man of God, he shouldn't be saying anything that would tempt you or suggest sexual motives. "What are you wearing sexy?" "Send me a sexy  picture." "I love your lips and your hips." lol RED FLAG
  • If he doesn't mention God or his relationship with Jesus, not cool. I actually was having a conversation with a guy once and I was talking about the Lord, etc and somehow he kept trying to shift the conversation. If you can't talk about God, then you can't talk to me. RED FLAG
  • When does he contact you? Ladies, have you ever met a guy who never texts/calls you before 11pm? What kind of conversation are you expecting me to have that late? An inappropriate one obviously. A man of God will contact you at a decent hour. RED FLAG
  • Oh I hate this one. "Oh you're waiting until marriage? That's cool. What's the most you've done?" Boy bye! RED FLAG
  •  I read the Bible daily. I have quite a few favorite verses. I know I'm not the only one who has come across this guy. "My favorite Bible verse is John 3:16. I can't think of any other ones right now". SMH RED FLAG
  • How does he treat his mother/sisters. A man who doesn't respect the women in his life will not respect you. If he disrespects and talks against his mother and/or sisters RED FLAG
  • If he only wants to hang out at night, alone, in a secluded place like someone's house, RED FLAG. Men of God do not put themselves in tempting situations. All that secluded late night stuff leads to "Can I take a nap? (At midnight) No ladies. Not acceptable!
  • Is he plugged in at his ministry? I definitely think it's very important to be involved at their church. Of course it's great to go to service but are they helping to push the vision? If they're not serving God in some way RED FLAG
  •  "I don't want to meet your family, friends, and pastor yet." And this goes on for quite some time. What are you hiding? RED FLAG
  • Are they consistent church goers? A few years ago I asked this guy once if he goes to church and he said yes he did. He asked me how often do I go and I said every week. His response was "Daaaang you go like that????" My God smh RED FLAG
  • Does he make you better? God gave me this a few months ago. "Don't add a person to your life that subtracts from your progress." Nothing more beautiful than two people God brought together who are riding God's wave together. However, the opposite can be tragic. RED FLAG
  • Are they at all concerned about your relationship with Jesus? I think the most beautiful thing is a person who will step back and adjust if they realize they are hindering your walk. Are they willing to step aside or do they continue pursuing selfishly with no regard to your relationship with the Lord. RED FLAG
  • Do their priorities line up to yours? Matthew 6:33 says to seek first the Kingdom of God. I refuse to follow a man who puts everything above God. You should only trust a man who fully trusts in God. If not RED FLAG
  • Does he make the extra effort to open the door? Remember, your daughter will grow up desiring a man like her father and your sons will learn to be a man from their father. Chivalry is IMPORTANT. I love the men at my church. Every time a woman walks down steps or walks towards the door, you better believe a man is on their way to assist them. If a man never makes an effort RED FLAG
I just realized I need to do a RED FLAGS series lol There are so many I can say and I don't think I've even come close to touching on all of them. Proverbs 4:23 says "Guard your heart with all diligence because out of it flows the issues of life." If you guard your heart properly and refuse to release it until God gives "the okay," you will pick up on these red flags. Otherwise you risk looking over them due to your emotions.

So keep your heart pure from confusion and truly hide yourself in God. The wrong guys won't stand a chance at getting past our loving Father, because God truly loves His daughters and desires the best for us. But I'm excited about that ONE who will get the approval :-) Ladies remember that you are THE prize!

 To get even more insight on men of God, check out this Reader's Favorite, Click Here Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. Boy bye! Lol! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! Yes, a series is in order...perhaps in video form! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL John 3:16....IHAD to comment on that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post...every girl needs this list. Feel free to check out my blog as well. purposedrivenambition.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...