Friday, March 2, 2012
I remember when...
Everyone this is Candice! I'm sure if you read our blog you know her as the silly clumsy one who always finds herself in the craziest situations. Well all that is true lol I know that Candice as well. But I also know the Candice who is the funniest person I know, full of life, pure at heart, and destined for greatness!
One of the things I appreciate about Candice most is that she is incredibly trustworthy. That is an extremely important characteristic in a friend to me. She stays true to her word. She always holds up her end. It's nice to have someone around you who you don't have to worry about whispering behind your back. Or sharing personal things with the people around them. She's one of those people. I can tell her whatever and not worry about hearing it repeated. I never have to say "Keep this between us." She already knows and that's a characteristic you don't come across a lot. Maybe a handfull in a lifetime.
As I said, she has a pure heart. She never aims to hurt or disrespect anyone. She wants the best for people. She's not envious or prideful. She's full of joy and energy. She also believes in me as well as the things God has placed inside of me. We encourage each other. We fuss and get on each others nerves too. It's kind of funny actually.
Her brother thinks we're crazy I think. I'll admit, we are pretty strange. I've always felt weird but it's pretty cool to know someone even weirder haha It's cool to just be able to BE. One day in particular we were at Short Pump shopping center and this swing music came on and we started swing dancing in the middle of the floor. Who else could I do that with?? lol Or recently, we saw a new couple at our church who are dating, walking to their car. We were not expecting it AT ALL and were so happy. I turned on shouting music and we started shouting in my car lol It was quite a funny scene but a typical day for us.
She's the type of friend who never feels obligated to know everything. She doesn't pry into my life but leaves the door open for when I choose to share. I can count on her to pray. Plus I don't doubt that when things are going in my favor that she is sincerely happy for me. She's also consistent. She isn't a different person every day of the week.
One of the best things about her is that she isn't draining. She encourages me in the same ways I encourage her. She vents to me in the same ways I vent to her. She doesn't make more withdrawals than she does deposits. She's not full of drama. She isn't ALWAYS having a bad day or having an issue. She's pretty laid back and doesn't gossip. Just an all around cool person.
I felt led to write this because Candice and I have a funny friendship and I wanted to change it up a bit. We're always fussing and cracking jokes on each other. Figured I'd be civil for the purpose of this blog. :-)
Her parents actually told me that when her mother was pregnant with her brother, Candice wanted him to be a girl so they could name her Chelsea. Funny how things work out lol So yeah. Everyone needs a friend like Candice. There are very few people who have the type of heart that she does. And although we're both on this journey of becoming BETTER, I think she already has a great character to build upon.
Yall better watch out! There's a treasure on the inside of her. I believe God is going to use her for some amazing things. And lastly, the BEST thing about her is that she LOVES God. I'm excited for her future. One day we'll look back and say "Wow I remember when..."
Labels:
candice,
friends,
friendship
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awwwwwww! Really? You love me, you really love me! *tear* lol...but that was really sweet! I might cry for real smh lol...I'm very blessed to have you as a friend, the sister I never had! Love ya much! And I'm so excited for our futures! :)
ReplyDeletecry baby cry baby! Love you too child
ReplyDelete