Thursday, February 23, 2012

Moment of Truth

Moment of truth.....

....because as you all know, I'm as honest as they come.

So, I have a stalking problem...lol. No, no...I'm not being stalked. I am the stalker. Facebook and Twitter are my playgrounds. Maybe I'm not the only one with this problem?? ;-)

I confess that I've been stalking two individuals mighty heavily this week, just waiting to see if anything on their pages has been updated. And of course, these are guys. Mighty fine, I might add. One dude, I just keep reading too into his tweets. I think all his tweets/sub-tweets are about me. Yeah, that's vain. He doesn't even know me; I can count on one hand how many times I've talked to him in life. Then the other one only updates his page like once every 6 months! Still, I search through his stuff like I'm looking for gold.

I don't know where this "stalk-ish" behavior came from. I mean, I think we all occasionally gaze longer than we should at someone's page and/or pictures. I don't know why, but this has been a little out of control for me in this week alone. It could be due to those feelings of wanting a mate. This week, those feelings came rushing in like a flood. Out of nowhere. I guess that's one disadvantage of being single. Sometimes you wake up and realize, "Hey I'm ____ years old, and I'm still single!" What's the hold up, God?

Now, sometimes this single life can be so exciting and amazing. You're independent, and you don't have to answer to anyone. Whatever you want to do, you can do...without a relationship slowing up progress. You can get stuff done, stuff that would've been pushed back for 5, 10, 15 years because of the infatuous feelings a relationship brings.

Then, sometimes being single sucks. Point blank, period. Sometimes you just want someone's company, and you want to be needed. You want to be the missing piece to someone's puzzle. You want to just be vulnerable to that one person and allow them to witness you, flaws and all. You want to hurry up and renounce the title of "single" so that you can live the life you've always dreamed of. That happily ever after life. That "We've been married for 50 years, and we're still in love" kind of life. It's possible.

Excuse me for being gushy. I'm just feeling that way right now.

 And I apologize to the guys I was stalking. Not ladylike AT ALL.

"When a MAN FINDS...." and hopefully you know the rest. *Proverbs 18:22*

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Fyi, being 22 and single is not old. God is probably asking YOU what's the hold up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true. 22 is pretty close to 25, which is close to 30. Then you're 40 and almost touching 50. I'd say now is time to lock. it. down. lol...ha! But then next week, Imma be on my independent status again. smh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So u just went through 3 decades in 5 seconds lol CHILL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...