Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Chat with Lorenzo

Tell us a little about yourself.
Well I am 24yrs Old.  I did my undergrad at Liberty majoring in Worship &Music Ministry and now working on a Master’s degree in Christian Leadership. I have 8 brothers and sisters and I am the youngest. I love family and I love spending time with good friends and most importantly the Lord. I made the first conscious decision to pursue a calling in ministry at the age 19. It has definitely been a journey. I have had the honor and privilege of traveling with a singing group called the Sounds of Liberty for four years. We have traveled all over singing in different churches and at many conferences and events. I have learned so much from that.
My passions are singing for the glory, I love love love leading worship and seeing people Worship the Living God, that is what He desires for us to worship Him. I must say also that there are not too many things that make me happier than someone coming to know Jesus Christ as their Savior.
What is your definition of wholeness? And do you think wholeness for women is different than for men? If so, in what ways?
My definition of wholeness is to be full and complete, and I believe that comes from Jesus.
It is a man and woman being confident in whom they are as person and understanding the role that they have as a man and woman of God. There may be small differences but I think wholeness, for the majority of things is the same. It is a person knowing how to conduct him/her behavior in any given situation. I think it has a lot to do with character, having integrity in all of your decisions being a person of example, worthy of respect. Again I believe that this person has to have the realization that wholeness can only be obtained in a relationship with Jesus Christ.
What are some characteristics that you feel a woman of God should possess?
Woman of prayer, Heart of worship, Sensitivity to the Holy Spirit, Kindness, Comforter, Encourager, Motivator, Respectful, Trustworthy, Unselfish, Submissive (context of marriage), And the list goes on…….

Discernment is important. What are some red flags you feel a woman should look out for if being pursued by a man who secretly has ungodly intentions?
1. Conversation
The way a man just talks with you can say a lot. Where does the conversation start, what is the direction, how do you leave feeling, where does your mind go. If it is easy for the conversation to get inappropriate, then it’s a flag. I think that the conversation should be God honoring, and you feel safe. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think that EVERY convo will be about God, but if a man that is pursuing you never talks about God in a way that shows he is pursuing God, RED FLAG goes up.
2. Actions
In this man’s pursuit is he showing any signs of him caring about your relationship with Christ. In his pursuit does he point you to Jesus? Look at the way he treats people, mainly when not necessarily in a spotlight situation. Anybody can put up a front but subconsciously the real person comes out. How is integrity in small situations and big situations? Also if he is constantly trying to be alone with you secluded from everyone, especially late. RED FLAG
Proverbs 18:22 tells us that a man FINDS a wife. There are many women who take the first step in pursuing or showing interest in a man. What are your thoughts on that?
I completely agree with Proverbs 18:22. Personally for me if a girl is trying to pursue a man that is a complete turn off.  I think a guy should start the pursuit always, I don’t see a problem with a girl meeting us halfway. Sometimes we guys can be really dumb and unaware so we need hints to know that what we are doing is working and a lot of hints for the really slow guys.
A girl that will flat out ask a guy out on a date with the intentions of wanting to pursue a romantic relationship, I think, is a bit much. Trust us ladies, all you have to do is show interest back and we will do the rest. A real man will step up and do what he needs to do in order to make something happen, if a guy doesn’t step up he doesn’t come close to deserving you. Be patient with us.
In your opinion, how can premature dating or dating outside of God’s will affect a person and their relationship with God?
If you are outside of God’s will then you are missing out on the full blessings that God has for you. I think by dating prematurely you are missing out on the gift of singleness, and growing in the Lord the way you have the potential to.  Dating outside of God’s will, will only lead to misery in the long run even if the relationship starts good. I have experienced that in my own life. There is always a lesson to learn from any relationship though. God can use anything and make it good.
Are there any bible verses in particular that help you remain patient when waiting on the promises of God to be fulfilled?
Matthew 6:33-34 "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."
Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
Galatians 6:9 "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."
Psalm 46:10 "Be Still and know that I am God."
In what ways can a person take full advantage of the gift of singleness until God’s timing to pursue a relationship?
1. Study the Word and spend time with God and figure out who you really are in Christ and as a person. Figure out what makes you tick, what makes you happy. Learn your love language; figure out how you love and ways that you liked to be loved. Figure out your spiritual gifts and how God wants to use you in ministry. (We are all called). Accomplish goals that you have. Learn to be your own person so that you bring something to a relationship and you are not looking for a man/woman to complete you.
2. Do work for the kingdom. Spend as much time as possible working in a church, witnessing to people about Jesus. Nothing better than doing work for the Kingdom and seeing the fruit of your labor.
Proverbs 4:23 encourages us to guard our hearts. In what ways do you believe a person can guard their heart when developing friendships with people of the opposite sex? Are there any specific steps you take in order to keep that boundary?
This is kind of a tough question to answer for me.
 I would say to keep it in a group setting for majority of the time when developing a friendship. Every once in a while a lunch or dinner would be cool.
Personally, I could be weird in this, but I don’t develop a lot of friendships with the opposite sex. I have acquaintances but I don’t get too close to girls that I am not pursuing and I guess that would be a way that I guard my heart. If I am close to a girl it means I have probably known her for more than a couple of years and/or had to be around her for something. I guess avoidance would be the way I guard my heart.
Any final thoughts/words of encouragement?
Take advantage of being single, learn about yourself, read books, go to conferences etc. and prepare yourself for your mate and ask God to prepare your mate for you. Focus on God’s will for today and get lost in doing His work and he will handle yours.
If you have any specific questions you would like us to ask the fellas, send us an email at projectwifey@gmail.com. Stay tuned for more male features!

1 comment:

  1. Very informative to qualities I need to strive to be...not to get a man, just in general.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...