I'm Candice Victoria and I want to welcome you to my official "Project Wifey" site. If you've read the first posting, then you learned that this is a journey that two young ladies (my bestest friend in the whole wide world, Chels, and myself) are taking. Each of us will take turns blogging and v-logging via YouTube, once we get a nice, reliable camera--hopefully within the next couple of months =).
Now what exactly is Project Wifey again??
As of now, it's a blog of self-discovery. It's a way for us to get our life together, work on ourselves, and become reacquainted with who we really are.
Why the name Project Wifey?
Well, I've been observing relationships all over the world for awhile. Well, not literally (haha) but... through the media, in high school/college, in the church, in my immediate and extended families, and even a relationship of my own that went sour.
I always wonder WHY there are soooo many divorces going on, especially with celebrities. You can't even keep up with who's with who now, because as soon as a marriage gets goin', you find out they're splitting up. And some of these people are divorcing after 15, 18, 20 years of marriage! Like, what the world?
I don't understand why people would invest in such a luxurious wedding if they weren't gonna STAY together. I understand that unforeseen circumstances happen, such as a cheating partner or domestic violence in the relationship, but I'm under the impression that people just get bored! And they go with the notion that, "The grass is greener on the other side." I don't think these people know who they really are, so they jump into relationship after relationship trying to fill a void that their partner is unable to fill.
People have so many high expectations for their potential mate, but they don't even measure up to their own expectations. I love this line from Lyfe Jenning's song, "Statistics":
"Be the person you want to find. Don't be a nickel out here looking for a dime."
So, the name of this blog pretty much came from that statement. We're trying to be ALL that we expect others to be. For the ladies: we are developing "wifey" attributes, so when Mr. Right comes along, we are READY and we won't have to go through a long depressing period of, "I don't know who I am!!! ...Or what I like or what I wanna do with my life!!!" lol
For the fellas, don't let the term "wifey" keep you away. Everyone needs to go on this journey. You need to know and love yourself before you expect others to dig through your dirty laundry.
Ok, I think I've written enough for tonight. Sorry, if it sounded like I was all over the place. I was watching TV, looking at YouTube, and trying to get my thoughts together. Haha...but I'm excitedddd!
Have a good night/morning peeps!
No comments:
Post a Comment