"My levees' are broken
My walls are coming down on me
My rain is falling
Defeat is calling
I need you to set me free
Take me far away from the battle
I need you
Shine on me!
My walls are coming down on me
My rain is falling
Defeat is calling
I need you to set me free
Take me far away from the battle
I need you
Shine on me!
I look to you,
I look to you
After all my strength is gone
In you I can be strong
I look to you,
I look to you
And when melodies are gone In you I hear a song
I look to you"
I look to you
After all my strength is gone
In you I can be strong
I look to you,
I look to you
And when melodies are gone In you I hear a song
I look to you"
I was listening to this song earlier. I don't remember how I got to it but I was on Youtube and after clicking enough of the "Related Videos" from my initial search, I came across this song. For those who don't know, this is Whitney Houston's song "I look to you." And the more I listened to it, the sadder I became.
When I think about Whitney Houston, her gifts, life, talent, death etc., I think about how many people condemned her. On Facebook there were either one of two things. Either people were talking about how sad they were OR they were condemning her, talking about her lifestyle, drug addiction, etc. One of the things that bugged me was someone saying "If she REALLY loved God she wouldn't have been living ungodly!"Ungodliness is anything that is not godly right? In that category would include lying, gossiping, envy, doubt, fear, the list can go on and on. Being in need of deliverance doesn't disqualify a person from being a Christian. FYI
I truly believe she loved the Lord. I'm not justifying any decision that she made at all but if we're talking about being Godly, when does Jesus ever say that we are to condemn others? I'm sure we all can admit, at some point we've found ourselves in situations that reeled us in and put us in a position that required deliverance. When looking at the lyrics of this song, she was crying out for help just like so many people are. I come across so many people who turned away from God/church because they were condemned instead of loved.
It bothers me when people can so quickly turn the finger and condemn others once they've already fallen and hit the bottom but so many don't pray and uplift them while they're still in the air. Whitney Houston was just an example I wanted to use to express the importance of intercession as it pertains to people we know and people we don't know. "So and so did this ungody thing, said this ungodly thing, is acting this ungodly way, talking this ungodly stuff" Ok so he/she is operating in their human sinful nature. So how many times have you prayed for them, fasted for them or encouraged them?
We have to love each other! Not only love one another but be reflections of God's love. Otherwise, we will lose people to the enemy. As Christians we are a physical representation of God. I saw a quote a while back that said "I wish I had met Christ before I met a Christian." And honestly, Christians can be the most judgmental and condemning people. When we see a person operating in any spirit other the the Spirit of God, we need to intercede on their behalf and not send them straight to hell.
I prayed to God a while back that He would help me become a woman of prayer. That He would put the desire in my heart to pray more and He did. I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes to pray for people I don't even know. Sounds crazy probably but so many people are in need of prayer that God may give me a name of someone who is in need. God knows their name and their need so I just allow the Holy Spirit to use me as a vessel.
I was raised by powerful anointed women of God who prayed and prayed and prayed. I've had that example my whole life. But it wasn't until God showed me the desperate need of love in the world that I began to understand why it is so important.
When a person loves God but is living a lifestyle other that how God wants them to, when a person has turned away from God and strayed from what they know as the Truth, or when a person doesn't believe in God at all, PRAY and PRAY and PRAY again. There's no need to gossip and complain or judge and condemn. There's no need to tell others about it, just pray uplift and encourage. God revealed it to YOU so there's no need to expose it to others. I am where I am because there were people praying for ME because I know at one point I was caught up in a place that you would think I didn't know God let alone love Him.
In order for us to be who we are called to be in Christ, we have to love people. We can't walk out in who God has created us to be if we can't accept and love others in the same way that the prodigal father accepted and loved his prodigal son. (Luke 15:11-31)
Well said!
ReplyDelete