No matter who you are, your age, or what you believe, there are always tempting situations around you to change your mind on the values you believe.
I just spotted an interesting status on Facebook, "When you want something too bad, you make impulsive decisions...not smart ones." SO TRUE!
In my mind, I'm relating that to relationships. Right now, there are a bunch of folks in relationships that have no business being in one at all. Some are even engaged as we speak, planning the final touches of a wedding with a person who is not meant for their destiny.
And we wonder WHY there are so many divorces left and right? People are going out of God's will, and they are essentially being their own "God" by choosing someone they believe is better than God's best. They're ultimately just settling for what appeals to them right now.
Now you may be wondering, "How am I supposed to know if he/she is the one?"
Maybe there's no correct answer, but I would suggest consulting the Master. By Master, I'm referring to God. No relationship with Him? Form one. Go to Him as you are, and talk to Him (pray). Don't forget to listen as well. Always ask for wisdom and discernment when dealing with this type of thing, because marrying the wrong person can throw your whole life off track. Pick up a Bible while you're at it, and start consistently reading the most beautiful love story ever written.
One thing you shouldn't be doing is altering who you are (or even attempting to change them) to maintain a relationship. If someone is not up to par with the values you're looking for in a mate, why waste time? Remember, the only person you have control over is yourself.
If they're practicing a different religion than the one you believe in, don't you think that would pose a problem in the future? If they just got out of relationship and immediately moved onto the next (without taking time to heal), what does that say about them and you? Growing up, my parents always told me that if a guy gives that line, "If you love me, you'll do....." then it's not love. Now, that's just common sense to me. But apparently, common sense isn't common. So, I'm telling you now if you've never heard it. Love doesn't force itself on others.
All I'm saying is never, under any circumstances, compromise your being for a cheap thrill....whether it's 5 seconds or 5 years. It's not worth it, because you'll have to pay for it later.

Agreed! I love it!
ReplyDeleteAnd let the church say AMEN! About time you wrote something...
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! And I ALWAYS write! You on the other hand....slackin on the job! smh
ReplyDelete