Have you ever gone through something where it seems like no one whose around you now understands you like someone from your past? And when I say people from the past, I'm referring to people who knew you before you really knew yourself. The type of person who could tell what you were thinking by the expression on your face. The type of person who could communicate with you only with a certain glance in your eyes. But also the type of person that really wasn't good for you.
I'm not calling anyone a bad person but there were some people we all had to step back from when we began to get serious in our relationship with God. Maybe there was some romantic interest or maybe there wasn't but I had a dream last night that made me think of this. And I've been there.
I hate to say it but many of those old relationships that surface are a big old distraction. I believe we each move through life in seasons. That's why a transition into a new season can be a bit uncomfortable but it's inevitable. And to be honest, we can't take everyone with us, especially those relationships of the past.
Of course for many people, the past may pop up and come back around but we have to have the discernment to know what steps to take when that happens. Unfortunately a lot of people seek comfort from people from their past because like I said, they KNOW them. But we lie to ourselves when we believe they can offer us something that isn't already readily available to us.
Soul ties are a real thing and can be some of the hardest forms of bondage to break free from. So when God has given you the strength to step away, APPRECIATE IT. DON'T walk back to it when you've already been freed from it. Seeking comfort and acceptance from a person outside of God's will is a trap to get your heart entangled into a season you are already familiar with. Without wisdom and discernment it'll cause you to retrace your footsteps. I've always heard that when you don't learn the lesson the 1st time, God WILL send it back around. Save yourself the backtracking.
I think people should be more open about soul ties. So many people stay in relationships for YEARS while being abused, used, manipulated, disrespected, etc., and that's because their souls will not release them. Of course everyone's relationships haven't ended that way but there was a reason it didn't work in the first place right? Let it be. I have always been told that if you have to hide it, don't do it. Seek accountability and accept what those around you say. Fear of the truth is usually conviction but ultimately can save you from deeper heartache, invested time, and disappointment.
I can only imagine how God feels knowing that He gave so many people the grace and mercy to be able to break free of a bad relationship only to have them resurface into their lives.
When we make up in our minds, "Not my will but Your will," I believe that's when things line up into place. Everyone wants someone who comforts them and knows them like no one else. But you NEED to experience that before you seek PEOPLE because God has already made Himself available to provide us with all that and more. When we seek others for that, we pretty much are telling Him that He is not enough. And from the depths of my heart, I can guarantee you that He's MORE than enough. But He can only give you what you allow Him to.
When you know better, you should do better and God holds US accountable based off of what we know. So it doesn't matter what others are doing. We know to seek Him before making decisions and we know to seek Him before releasing our hearts. Therefore if we don't, we face the consequences. I hope this spoke to someone's heart as I am not aiming to condemn. But to encourage each person reading this to remember that God got you to where you are and freed you from your past and it's only His grace that can keep you and ultimately carry you further. Sometimes the enemy is really the "inner me." Keep it moving!
Amen! I wish I had grasped this lesson early on, but I guess you learn the hard way sometimes.
ReplyDeleteYeaaa I've been there. It's definitely a vital lesson to learn!
ReplyDelete