Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Money Problems

I'm SO overdue for this post by the way. Please forgive me.

Hopefully, if you haven't waited until the last minute to file your taxes, you have started receiving any sort of tax refunds that you are eligible for. I received my State ones last week, and I was super amped to see that envelope with my name on it. Finally! I was running on nearly "E" in regards to my available funds.

I had to monitor my spending habits very closely, because of the little bit I had to work with. It was kind of hard, mainly because I like to eat out and have fun. But when there's no money to accommodate those desires, I'm often left feeling like I'm living paycheck to paycheck. No bueno!

So when one of my refund checks came in the mail, there were many choices as to how I could dispose of it. I could go stock up on my spring wardrobe. I could go get that mani/pedi I've been wanting for awhile. I could go to the salon and get that honey blonde color put in my hair. I could finally join ShoeDazzle or JustFab to step my "grown woman" shoe game up. And of course, food! I could just go anywhere and not worry about the cost. Life would be sweeeetttt, living in pure materialistic bliss!

Or would it?

Why not put the extra money down on my car note? Or those wretched Sallie Mae student loans? Or pay my outstanding library fine? Or even start saving money for a change, instead of letting it burn a hole in my pocket?

But that's not how most people think. Debt is a commonplace occurrence in this day and age. This is the "microwave" generation; everything has to be instantaneous. Nobody wants to wait days, months, or even a year or two for something....if they can get it with a swipe of their credit card, just like that.

I'm so thankful that my parents "caught" me in my financial turmoil. I was in over my head in credit card debt last year, so much that I was missing my monthly payments. Somehow a message got on the house phone (my cell was the only number on the account) and my parents got involved in my secret mess. They ended up paying both of my credit cards off! Thank GOD! Stress over financial matters is no joke, and I would definitely still be in a rut...had it not been for my folks.

You may not be as fortunate as I was. You may be living from paycheck to paycheck, have a family to support, a mortgage and a car note, student loans, and dreaded credit card debt to pay. It probably feels like you're just going around in circles, in the dark with no lighted escape.

Like I stated earlier, I'm mad late with this post. But I'd like to make a proposal for you to get involved in an awesome DEBT FREE campaign going on right now in Richmond, VA!

Check out my next post for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...