Thursday, February 9, 2012

You are valuable!

So tonight it's on my heart to talk about SELF WORTH. I was blessed to grow up in a very loving home. I was always told that I deserved the best. I realize that not everyone had the same up bringing as I did and some people really don't know what they truly deserve.

Even though I was always told that I deserved the best, I still found myself settling with certain situations in life. Not necessarily from a lack of self worth but moreso because I was giving in to convenience. But I've learned my lesson and will never do that again. Candice and I were having a conversation tonight after church and one of the things we talked about was the fact that people need space to build a foundation with God.

I was going over a poem I wrote a while back and it talks about how God began showing me who I really am AFTER He began removing people out of my life. I've been on this journey of self discovery for 23 years now and I've JUST begun to scratch the surface. And I believe that I'm finally getting there because I'm focusing all my attention on GOD. I write a lot of encouraging statuses on Facebook and one of the things that came to me the other day was "Don't spend more time studying 'How to be a wife/husband" that you neglect to study 'How to be a Christian." (Or something along those lines)

Any relationship can not properly sustain without a solid foundation in Jesus Christ. I won't assume everyone knows how a person receives salvation so I'll explain. Salvation is received when you repent of your sins and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart. You MUST believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to earth to die for our sins so that we will have the opportunity to live eternally in heaven. Salvation isn't received until you accept JESUS. hence the word CHRISTian.

It is with that acceptance that you begin to comprehend how much you truly are worth to God. That's why it's so important to truly KNOW Him. Not just hear about it, not just believe He existed but KNOW Him. Love without Jesus Christ is no love at all. It is with that relationship that you learn how to love.

I hope everyone knows how much, not only God but Jesus Christ, loves you! You are invaluable to Him. So much that He was willing to give His life for You. I know most people desire companionship but without a relationship with Jesus, you won't be able to see what you truly deserve.

My church started singing a hymn I grew up on Sunday, "I know it was the blood." Although they still sing modern songs, I've really warmed up to hearing hymns again. You can't take Jesus or the blood of Jesus out of church. You can't be saved without them! There really is power in those songs. I was feeling it lol Like for real!

Anyway, embrace this season of singleness.  Allow your heart to overflow with the love that Jesus has to offer. Once you've given Jesus your heart THEN everything else will be added. Most of us want families one day. But you can't have a CHRISTian relationship, whether married or dating, without a firm relationship with Jesus Christ. Remember that you deserve the best! Know your worth and walk in it! You've been brought with a price. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...