Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Grounded For A Lil Bit

Yep, I'm putting my own self on punishment. Sounds silly, but I can be my worst distraction...my worst enemy...my greatest fear...my biggest obstacle. No one else has to interfere with my progress. It's just me. Maybe you feel the same in your own life?

So, I've decided to just go on punishment for a lil bit...not sure if it will work, since my parents would ground me for getting bad grades when I was younger (i.e. no TV, no video games, etc.) but my grades wouldn't improve. I would just find something else to entertain myself.

I'm just tired of how everything's flowing in my life right now. I'm falling behind in my school work, and I'm getting to that nonchalant stage again...like I don't even care anymore. Just let me find a 9-5 like the regular people and build success from that. Just let me be average and live my life in the expected fashion.

However, I know I'm called to do and be greater than average. We all are. So, I can't keep putting in a below average effort. This goes for everything in my life---from cleanliness to time management to obtaining and maintaining some form of academic excellence. I may not like school, but that is the position that I'm currently holding until I'm pushed to something greater. Plus, if I play my cards right and all my necessary classes are offered this Summer and Fall, I could be walking across a stage DONE with the madness. :-)

Anywho...back to this self-inflicted punishment lol....

Time to cut Facebook and Twitter out for awhile (or at least until I get some stuff done). It is the BIGGEST time waster!!! I can't even tell you how many times I checked my FB on my phone today! Ugh! Too many! And I had soooo much other stuff I could've been doing with my time.

And a couple weeks ago, I downloaded Bejeweled Blitz on my phone. BIGGEST mistake! I can't stay off that thing! I'm always trying to beat my high score, while 1-2 hrs pass like it's nothing. Smh...I talked to my brother Sunday, and he told me to start playing this other game Temple Run. Ughhh! I do not need anything else to take up my precious time. And time is our most precious commodity.

So, I'm seriously about to take some action. If nothing changes, nothing changes. And nothing will ever change until you are so sick and tired of how things are going in your life, that you literally demand a change to sweep over your old habits and tired ways.

Unlike Chelsea, I'm not ashamed to let you into my world (my room) and show you how I've been living...lol... I mean, yea, it is quite embarrassing but that's more motivation for me to clean up entirely.

Peep the Bible in the midst. Yes, I was sitting right there reading it. Haha


Still need to invest in a laundry basket or just force my little fingers to fold my threads.


 My bathroom has come a LONG way since previous postings. Just need to sweep up my curly q's more often...

Not sure how long my hiatus from my current distractions will last, but I know I just need to get some stuff DONE. I need to focus on one thing at a time, and stop allowing my mind and surroundings to be cluttered. That could be a reason as to why I feel drained creatively. Spring Cleaning may be coming a little early this year...pertaining to the mind, body, soul, and ENVIRONMENT! :-)


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...