But, what if you're single...like me?
It just makes you want someone to share the holiday with. It's cold outside, just perfect cuddling weather. Don't act like you don't like cuddling. I don't know what it is about winter and the holidays that just makes me want somebody, anybody! lol...just kidding! I'm not that desperate. :)
But just be careful in listening to these "boo-loving" Christmas songs. They have the power to tempt you to do things you know you shouldn't do. Like call up an ex just to "see how they're doing." Mmmhmm...you better stay focused, and stop worrying about when love will happen for you!
I know it's hard. Especially when you hear Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is YOU."
Or what about that Boyz II Men line, "Come over here! And help me trim the tree...." I don't know about you but that line at 1:30 always gives me chills. I just love that assertiveness! lol
And I love anyone's version to this song. Can't listen to it too much, though, or I will be found wanting a man.
It's crazy how certain songs can affect and dictate your feelings and emotions, if you allow them to. All I'm saying is just be careful when you're casually listening to those "boo-loving" Christmas songs. You may need to switch to some "Silent Night," "Oh Holy Night," or "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" to stay out of trouble (if you know what I mean)! Ha!
Everybody seems to be in search for a "winter boo." But don't give up and don't give in, single ladies! Remember that a man who finds a wife, finds a good thing. It doesn't matter the season, you still have to be found. Don't rearrange how the order is supposed to flow, just because you are impatient. A lot of things happen when you least expect them to. When you're trying to piece situations together and create combinations on your own (that weren't meant to formulate in the first place), disaster can occur. And you push back your true destiny. So, be wise during this season. =)
Nice piece girl, and very well said. I LOVE all those songs, and boo loving season. :) haha
ReplyDelete