Because I respect what God has called me to do, it's a BIG deal for me to invest time into someone. I don't want to lead anyone on or lose focus. I definitely know that God will never send anyone into your life that causes you to change for the worse. A person should only ADD to your life. If you're further away from God after the person entered your life than before, then that is not of God and needs to be adjusted ASAP!
I've had a recent event occur that has helped me come to a better understanding of relationships etc. I don't feel it's my job to impress a guy. I should just be myself. God teaches women that we are the prize and that means a man should make the effort to prove he has the requirements to get to a woman's heart. I'm not saying to make a guy chase you but controlling your thoughts towards that person is important.
So I won't entertain emotions. Let's be real, being interested in someone is a nice feeling but butterflies and rainbows are signs of infactuation which can cause you to look over the important things. Infactuation can make you lose focus and I don't want anything interferring with my relationship with God or pulling me away from Him.
So I pray daily for the purpose of the people who are around me to be revealed and if there is no purpose that they are removed. It's nice to get attention from a guy, have nice conversations with them, and even have a little crush but it's much deeper than that. Who God has for me is for me and since the bible does say "When a man FINDS a wife," I will just stay focused, doing what I'm doing and allowing God to work out the rest.
I talked with one of my guy friends today and these were some points he shared;
- He likes a female who values her relationship with God more than any other relationship and is firm in her faith. (If she puts him before God or compromises to please others instead of God, that's unattractive.)
- He likes a female who requires him to qualify for her heart. (Shows her level of self worth)
- He likes a female who allows him to actually pursue her. I was surprised but he actually said he would prefer to be the one initiating conversations through texts or calls rather than alternating. (At the beginning anyway)
- He likes the idea of not talking all day to a female but rather occassionally throughout the day since it shows a level of productivity during her day. (Gotta have your own life right?)
- He likes a female who moves slowly and builds a true friendship before anything serious. (Everyone's different but I agree.)
- (I loved this one!) He likes a female who goes the extra mile to stay away from temptation like dressing nice but modest etc to keep his and her relationship pure with God. (He said he wasn't willing to compromise or cause her to compromise physically or spiritually because he fears God and knows he would be held accountable.)
- And he likes a female who isn't moved by emotions but instead by wisdom and discernment.
So yeah. All good stuff. Of course all guys are different but I thought the convo was good enough to share with his permission of course. So control your emotions and infactuation. I'm learning the importance of that everyday. And most important, be yourself. If you're busy trying to be like other people then when HE does come, he'll look over you because you don't line up with what God promised him.
Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it (Proverbs4:23)
for everything you do flows from it (Proverbs4:23)
No comments:
Post a Comment