Happy holidays everyone! I hope you all enjoyed Christmas. Not just the gifts but I hope you took some time to show reverance to Jesus Christ and offered Him the gift of MORE of YOU! :-) I'm sure that was His best birthday gift!
Anyway, I've been kind of having this strange feeling. I don't want to say it's frustrating because that's a negative word but I feel like something is about to take place. It's a hard feeling to describe but SOMETHINGS going on and I think it's the anticipation of that something that I'm feeling.
I've been praying for people alot lately. I pray everyday but there is one person in particular that I met just a few weeks ago that has had a lasting effect on me. I've found myself praying for them alot and part of me feels that that is part of my assignment. With all humility, I do believe that my prayers have power. And because of that, I do my best to pray for those that God places on my heart.
I've been praying that God helps me have more of a desire to pray for others. Not necessarily meaning I prayed selfishly only for myself in the past but let's be honest, I'm NOT perfect. I go to God pretty often in hopes that He removes anything unlike Himself from my heart and/or mind. In the mist of all that, I may not have taken the necessary meditation time to seek God on what and who I needed to pray for specifically.
We are all in need of something but if you've ever read Proverbs 31 -The Wife of Noble Character in the Bible, you know that she puts others' needs above her own. What makes her so wonderful is her ability to serve others. Not only serve them but she does so graciously. And I believe that if we live that way, God will take care of OUR needs. I want to be like her. (With my own little Chelsea twist of course lol) I don't want to just appear to be a Proverbs 31 woman outwardly by only my actions but I want my heart to be that way. I truly want a heart to serve, serve God, my future husband and family, even a heart to serve strangers. And I want to do so graciously.
And I realize that's one of the things I'm learning after praying for that person I've mentioned. I barely know anything about them and at this point, I'm not in a position to know more about them outside of prayer. But I believe God wants to show me that the holy spirit gives you the information you need in order to cover a person in prayer. I've always been hesitant to pray with a stranger. I've done so plenty of times but there was always that thought "What if I don't know what to pray about???" But we aren't required to know. We're only the vessel right? If we submit to God who knows all, what needs to be said will be said as long as we get out of His way. Hmm, interesting...
So everyday I lift up many people but also one who is pretty much a stranger to me. But I know an assignment when I see one. So I'm going to keep on praying for them in hopes that God is using me in the way He's intended for that person's life. Even if they don't know I'm praying or even if they're not praying for me, I'll fight for them spiritually as if I knew them better than myself and I feel that God is maturing me in the area of service.
If you don't know the importance of prayer, it's important! Prayer has the power to reverse an evil trap, it has the power to heal bodies, to free people, to cover them, to deliver them, I could go on and on. Your prayer life is important and I've asked God to expand that. And because of that, I've had the desire to pray more for others. Proverbs 31 is in effect. And I'm not specifically talking about striving to be a "wife," I want to be like her as a woman in general. Even before I'm married, I want a heart to serve others in ways that may not even make sense to them. I want to be genuine and generous, loving and caring, selfless and dedicated, walking in the fruits of the Spirit. (Not being deep but I want to be pure in every aspect of my life as we all should.)
So I'm thankful for my new "invisible" friend that has been in my daily prayers lol When someone has such a lasting effect on me, they usually have some lesson attached to them for me to learn. Alot of things I still don't quite understand but I see why they have been so heavy on my heart and why our distance has been a requirement set up by God. God is introducing me to the life of a woman with a servant's heart. :-)
Wow!!!!!! This is so helpful on so many different levels! Very wise words yet straight to the point. Very well put, I just praise God for you and your life and remember as you continue to grow and step into the things God told you to do that the reward is greater then you think... Continue to keep this going and when you release that book(cough cough) it will impact an entire generation of people. Whoever that person is should feel great knowing theyre being covered by some good ground.l.,God Bless you.
ReplyDeleteWow thanks Ty! I definitely appreciate you taking out the time to read this! Thanks for the encouragement AND the confirmation on the book lol I'm looking forward to that! :-) God bless you too bro!
ReplyDeleteI love this post! I sometimes find myself praying for strangers and/or enemies & sometimes I try to fight it b/c I think "they're not doin the same for me"...but it's not about that...
ReplyDelete