--distraction #65, you so fine you blow my mind--
Maybe it's just me, but distractions just love me.
Every time I think that I've finally regained focus on the important thing of that moment, here comes Mr. Distraction. And of course, he's always fineeeee and charming. Or his swag was just on point, as the young folks would say lol
Here's my story with distractions of the male persuasion.
They come, and then they *POOF* disappear. Literally. I have SO many instances of guys that came in my life for a brief moment, and then quietly exited stage left. In the early instances of this, it would upset me. I didn't understand. Was it something I said? Was it something I did? Why doesn't he want to talk to me anymore?
I mean, it was real triflin. A simple "I don't wish to speak to you anymore," would've done the trick. But no, these guys that I had been talking to via text and on the phone just straight up vanished. Then, there's the distractions that I was kinda feelin' a bit. That maybe if given the chance, they could have been more. But they disappeared as well.
I'm beginning to notice a pattern. I might not be the reason for their sudden escape, but I think God has been protecting me from a broken heart. I think He is aware that these carbon copies of THE ONE are only distractions to keep me from fulfilling my purpose and reaching my divine destiny.
Distractions tend to come when we are doing the right thing. When we are staying in our lane and pushing vision (s), that's when the wolf dressed in sheep's clothing tries to lure us off the path. I'm getting much better at recognizing a distraction before my emotions get involved.

AMEN! Girl, you just confirmed a lot of stuff I've been dealing with. It's been the same song && dance for me, with the male persuasion and I have to keep reminding myself: FOCUS on GOD. VERY nice piece :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yes, I have to continually remind myself of that. I think I'm finally getting the hint and recognizing what these distractions look like. They're fine and always come at the least convenient times! lol
ReplyDelete