Friday, October 28, 2011

I Need To COOK Already!!!

I LOVE food. I LOVE to eat. I just CAN'T cook. I mean, maybe I can...I rarely try though. Lately, my mom has been getting on me to start cooking more. A part of me really wants to give it a try and experiment so I can have a few recipes under my belt. However, the other part of me is lazy and full of somewhat legitimate excuses.

From the outside looking in, cooking seems quite expensive. Especially meats. I could spend $30 on sugary/salty snacks easily in the grocery store, so buying real food seems pricey....unless you're an Extreme Couponer and have the skills to pay less than $5 for $100+ worth of groceries. We'll experiment with coupons one day soon, though. :)

So, money is a big excuse I give in regards to why I don't cook. Even though I'd spend the same amount of funds going out to eat somewhere. I guess I just don't see the value in spending money on groceries, when I don't know how the meal is going to turn out. Now, if I had my big girl job with my big girl money....hey! lol

Then, there's the temperature in the kitchen. It can get SO hot standing over that stove! I've tried cooking several times in the past and I had to stop in mid-preparation because I was getting hot flashes. Smh! lol...

With the holidays coming up, I've decided I want to participate in contributing to all the holiday gatherings. So, now is the time to practice a dish or two. Sometime next week, I'm gonna choose a recipe and go out and get the goods to make it. Stay tuned for that!

Once I finally get in the groove of things, I'd like to take a Julie and Julia approach to my non-cooking life. Have you ever seen this movie?? You gotta see it! It's pretty much about cooking, blogging, and love! :-)



Are there any other non-cookers out there who want to take this journey with me? :) And what about those that can throw down in the kitchen? I've got a few recipe books stashed under my bed somewhere, but I'd love to hear what you'll be creating for this upcoming holiday season. Comment below or shoot us an email! I wanna be a pro like you! =)


3 comments:

  1. lmbo at the hot flashes smh You are truly one of a kind smh again

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to spend lots of money to cook at home or lots of time. You can make dinner in less time it takes for the pizza man to get to your house. Don't get me started on that dang delivery charge! Straight foolishness considering I still have to tip the driver. Anyway, I just had chicken & veggies in a green curry sauce for less than $5. The curry sauce came in a jar. It was only 99 cents (Manager's Special...chuching), chicken was on special too $4.90, but I only used 1 of the breasts so I still have 2 more for other meals (that 1.64 each), and the bag of veggies was on sale for $1. Grand total $3.64 plus tax. I cooked some rice that I already had at home, but you can get rice for $1 too. I'll take you too the store one day for a lesson is shopping & cooking. In the meantime, you know how to find my cooking blog: icook4u2eat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesss! I would love a lesson in cooking great meals on a budget! And I'll def continue to look at your blog for more ideas on what I could be making in my spare time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...