So our last post was 10 days ago. Alot has been going on. Candice and I got the opportunity to go to Campmeeting 2011 for a week in Darrow, Louisiana at Dr. Leroy Thompson Sr.'s ministry. Dr. Thompson is our spiritual father's father. So in other words, he's our spiritual grandpa lol And when I say he's full of wisdom, he is truly full of wisdom.
The holy spirit showed up each and everyday but there was one day in particular that was different. I can't describe the feeling but I remember in my mind thinking, "No one in here can doubt that God is real." I always refer to moments like that as being "thick." His presence was thick and it couldn't have been escaped. I believe it was so strong that even those whose hearts had been closed for however many years, etc., were opened on that day. People were being set free from bondages of all kinds just by being present. I was in awe!
My bishop spoke on Wednesday. And I will say that it definitely gave me a greater respect for him. When you receive such an amazing message week after week, it's important not to become familiar with the gift. And to see how people were responding to him, reminded me of how much of a blessing he really is. Bishop said something that really spoke to me. He said, "Just because you're called doesn't mean you'll get there. But it means to have the potential to get there." That stuck with me. Everybody is called for something but the only ones who see the manifestation are the ones who do it the right way.
Whether you're called to pastor, sing, evangelize, minister in other countries, etc., that doesn't guarantee that you'll get there. If someone calls you for a job interview and the caller always goes to voicemail and you never pick up, eventually you're going to end up getting replaced because the job must get done. It's wonderful to be called but it's important to answer. How many of you have sent God to voicemail or put Him on hold when He has a job waiting for you. Check your voicemail! He's calling YOU for a reason.
Seeds of drive were implanted in me last week. I realized that I control how far I go. Although I already knew that, while I was looking at Dr. Thompson I realized that he was walking in his calling. And suppose he decided not to answer, I wouldn't be able to write about the wisdom and encouragement that I've received from him. Fast forward, 40 years from now. I want someone to be writing about me. And the only way I can become who I'm called to be is to answer God and get Him off HOLD.
No comments:
Post a Comment