Hope you haven't missed me too much!
So much has been going on...I had to step back for a little bit and regroup. I'm back though...for now! I'm thinking about joining the cool kids and switching to Wordpress. Whatcha think?
First off, I want to say THANK YOU to any and everyone that reads this blog. I'm always SO shocked when I hear that people have read it or think it's funny. Aww! You have no idea how much that makes my day! Thank you much! :-)
Just a few updates....
You all may know a snippet of my financial situation. It was horrible and stressful. For the past year or so, I had been struggling to pay my credit card payments. Real dumb decision to even get a credit card when I was 18, but listening to that ex-dude of mine got me in a heap of trouble (financially). So, the minimum payments were becoming more than I could handle. And then I would get charged a late fee, so more money that I didn't have was needed. It was really stressful! Like I remember hearing about bill collectors when I was younger, but I didn't know they were that crazy. They were blowing up my cell several times throughout the day and NEVER leaving messages. Then, recently they started calling my house. That's how my parents found out my predicament, but it's also how God made a way for me to be blessed!
After a lonngggg lecture about my irresponsible self and several mini-scoldings, my parents decided to pay both of my credit cards off!! That was over $2,000! It didn't really hit me until the day after. Like, wow...I don't have to fumble and worry about where the money's coming from. Money problems can be the worst, man! I'm saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost but money can have a certain hold on you. Especially when you DON'T have it.
It's so stressful when you just get paid, and you're broke. As a Christian, we're taught to watch the words we speak and to not refer to ourselves as "broke." But I'm just being real. For the past year or so, I have been secretly struggling with my finances. I had some chest problems last year, and I believe it was related to stress. "How am I gonna pay that? Where am I gonna get the money for that bill? I'm a college student with a part-time job."
I also lacked wisdom, because I would use my check to go out to eat or hang with friends when I had TWO credit card bills waiting on me! SMH! I never had enough for the minimum payments, because they were out of control due to late fees. So, I figured I don't have enough anyway so...let me just have fun instead. Not a wise decision! I know I'm not the only one in debt or dealing with financial setbacks. One thing I've personally learned is: NEVER STOP GIVING GOD WHAT'S HIS! So, when you "just got paid, and it's Friday night...," don't forget to give the man upstairs His 10% and some! One year I decided that giving Christmas gifts and buying stuff for me was a little more important than tithing, and I remember my finances were looking pretty slim for a little bit after that. So, never stop doing the right thing.
Being blessed like that by my parents has allowed me to move a few steps to my goal of being debt free! Thank God! However, this was just a LOAN. I have to pay it back to them whenever I get it, but that is fine. I plan on being rich, so that shouldn't be a problem. I hope you wanna live richly as well.
My Facebook status today was----> "Money is the root of all evil, but life is SOO much easier when you have it."
Don't even try to be deep. lol...we all know money makes life easier! Just don't LOVE it and make it your god. You can be the richest person in the world, but still be depressed. Why? Because money ain't everything! But it helps get stuff done!
One last update for now...
It's amazing how when you are obedient and just STEP forward, doors will open up to you. I had been meaning to join the drama ministry at my church for awhile, but I kept procrastinating. However, I ended up finally joining not too long ago. My main goal was to just be a writer and keep everything low key. I don't really like being front and center and all attention on me; I would prefer to be backstage and let someone else shine. I don't know...just me, I guess. Well, the tables shifted and God used His sense of humor as always. I ended up ACTING this past Sunday in a skit that I wrote. Definitely unexpected! Everything turned out awesome, all thanks to G-O-D! And another opportunity has already presented itself since Sunday. Yea, God is awesome. He's not "deep" or mean; He's pretty simple, yet complex. All He wants us to do is yield, be obedient, and GO! Disobedience is what's holding a LOT of us up. So, stop being a hard head! lol...
No comments:
Post a Comment