Sunday, June 12, 2011

Graduations Make Me Smile

Time sure does fly when you're having fun, wouldn't you say? My brother and cousin both graduated from high school this week, and it seems so surreal. I feel like I just graduated! I'm sure however old you are right now, there's something in your life that you did years ago, but it seems like yesterday. It's crazy!



Aren't we cute?

I actually enjoy going to graduations. Yes, some parts are boring. But at some point through the ordeal, I get inspired to go to the next level in my own life. I still have most of my graduation cards from when I graduated in 2007. The money's all spent, but I like reading the motivational words from time to time. Need a pick me up? Head to Hallmark and browse the graduation section...lol..seriously though.

I guess it really hasn't hit me that my baby bro is about to leave the nest (probably for good), but this just reminds me that life goes on. Everyone has to let go of the hand that feeds them one day or another, and if you're over 25 years old, your grip should be loosening. You can't be a baby forever. The road can be scary, but it's just a new chapter in your life.

I think my aunt said this at my cousin's cookout: "Don't be so quick to be a grown up, because it's not as fun as it seems."

I don't necessarily agree with her. Of course, I think the image of independence and freedom is glamorized more than the actual work behind the scenes. However, I plan on having fun 'til I die (while paying my big girl bills and tending to my other responsibilities). I mean, you only get one life. Why not make it fun, ya know?

Then my grandma said that, "These [college years] are about to be the best years of your life."

Umm...I don't really agree with that too. All MY days are about to be the best they can be. There is no day, month, or year promised to us. Enjoy it ALL while you can.

Yea, so I'm glad I was able to attend both graduations/family gatherings. It got me to thinking about ALOT. From mistakes I've made in my past, to forgotten dreams, stupid boys, summer plans, lack of never living a "wild" life, and even a strong strong STRONG desire to be in an interracial relationship. lol...I'm still alert, so I think I'll write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...