Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Garden Updates...

If you all remember from awhile back, I (along with my daddy) planted a veggie garden on Mother's Day afternoon. I just wanted to keep the legacy alive, since my grandfather (who passed away Dec. 2010) faithfully maintained a garden each year.

This has been an awesome experience for me. It truly amazes me to see seeds turn into actual things. I've really enjoyed seeing the process. Now if you know my character traits from this blog, you probably may wonder how faithful am I for real to this little project aka MY FIRST GARDEN. Let's just say, I'm not ready to get a dog yet or have kids lol...I would procrastinate A LOT on watering it, and I wasn't aware of the fact that I needed to constantly pull up the grass so it wouldn't choke the plants. Whoops! haha...but I'm learning, and I don't think I did half bad...
That's an onion.

Squash

An overview of the entire garden

Squash again

My dad already picked those squash out yesterday. Now, I have the wonderful task of finding a recipe using squash. I feel silly that I planted it, and I don't even know how it tastes or what to put it in. If you have any tried and true recipes involving SQUASH let me know....or else, they will just be fried and seasoned and eaten for a snack :-)

Now just waiting on the....tomatoes, cucumbers, green and yellow peppers, and onions to spruce up!!! Can't wait! 

SN: Just heard on the news today that fruits and veggies are goin UP in price, so a garden would be pretty smart people. It's fun, even though it's old school. But if you know ANYTHING about me, you'd know I'm ALL for the old school and still wish I was born in like 1975 lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...