Saturday, May 21, 2011

A New Hair Dream

Hey people! 


Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend and enjoying some nice pretty weather! I know I am! I just came back from a natural hair event in Norfolk, VA. Since I was mainly helping out with registration for the event, I didn't really get to see all that was going on inside. I got to step in a few times though. :-)






Doesn't it seem like EVERYONE and their mama is going "natural" with their hair these days? There's nothing wrong with it, as long as you do it for the right reasons (and not because everyone's doing it). I guess you could say my hair is in that transitioning stage; I haven't had a relaxer in about 7 months. Right now, I have in some kinky twists. Thank God! lol! You just don't understand...


You may be aware of most of my flaws, and my hair is no exception. I've never been good with my hair. Ever. Even when it was fully relaxed, if it wasn't one thing...it was something else about it that was bothering me. I remember when I was younger and getting frustrated to TEARS (haha) because I couldn't do a ponytail without a lump at the top of my head. lol...


Last year was the first time I felt that I wrapped my hair correctly. Usually, it wouldn't stay up while I was brushing it. I would still wrap it with a whole bunch of hair overlapping the wrap band thingy. And of course, nothing would be on my hair in the morning. A mess, I know.


It seems like every time I do my hair, you can tell. It looks BIG, puffy, and dry! lol...that is why I'm going natural. I'm tired of dealing with this mess! lol...I don't want to attempt to wrap anything else, brush anything, straighten anything out, or comb my nappy roots. I want some locks!!!!


I originally wanted sisterlocks, but now I'm considering starter locks. I was reminded today that I need to do my research on anything that I might be interested in. So, I will be doing just that.


I already know that sisterlocks are extremely pricey for me, the college student with the part-time job. It's a reasonable price to start out the traditional locks, though. I'm realizing day by day that I'm not "big time" yet. Some things I just have to say "no" to right now, but I'll be back to it soon. I can't "keep up with the Jones's" anymore unless I wanna be living in the poor house lol...


I don't know about you, but I want to be wiser in my decisions from here on out. As much as I want to JUMP, GO, and DO, I have to be mindful of where CANDICE is in life. Sorry, I can't try to keep up with others anymore at this time. Gotta do me, and you gotta do you. 


Continue to seek God for wisdom and guidance, do some research on your desires, and just stay in your own lane. Don't compare your life to another person's. When it's your time, it'll come.


*Just in case you forgot, I'm random. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...