Thursday, May 10, 2012

Testimony Time

I absolutely love my church, y'all! You can probably tell, right?

Remember all that talk about The End Zone ? Well, now they have posted some folks' testimonies online (as a result of being connected and sowing into this campaign). You can view those here. God is just doing some amazing things, not just in the Richmond, VA area, but all over the world. I also have a testimony of my own, and since this is one of my primary mediums to get info out to the masses...I'm going to share it with you. This is the email I sent to my church to share my praise report. Tacky? Errr...whatever! lol

Hi!

My name is Candice Smith, and I've been a member of Mt. Gilead since 2003.

I'm so thankful to have been apart of this ministry for nearly 10 years. It has blessed my life so much, and I truly don't know where I would be had God not led my family and I to this church.

I've been employed at the same job (Chick-fil-A) for almost 7 years now, since I was 16 years old. I'm also a college student. I have been desiring a higher paying job for quite some time now. I've applied to so many jobs in the past couple of years, that I don't even remember what they were all for. In a couple separate instances, I was actually called back by the employers to schedule an interview. I was busy on all the instances, so I had to call the companies back to leave a voice mail. However, none of the companies ever called me back to return my calls for scheduling the interviews. One member of Mt. Gilead also informed me of a job opening at the bank she worked at. I thought she was gonna hook me up with the position, since I personally emailed her my resume and I believe one of us contacted the manager as well. However, I never got a call back from the bank either.

A month or so ago, I was informed of a job opening at ____. Thirty positions were available, and one of the assistant managers also attends Mt. Gilead. She told me I could personally give her my application and resume and she would give it to the right people. Some time goes by, and I still don't hear anything back. She gives me a number I can call to check the status of my application. I call the number, but the person isn't there. So, I leave a message, hoping that they will return my call. They never did. My mom also works at ____, so she gives me the number of the HR director. I call that number, and the lady politely informs me that all those positions have already been filled; over 200 people applied for 30 positions. 

At this point, I was very confused. I thought I was about to experience favor, since I knew one of the assistant managers. I turned in my application and resume on time, so I thought my stuff should've been at the top of the stack. I had almost 7 years of customer service, so I knew I was qualified for the job. I tithed and gave my offerings consistently. I sowed into all three of the debt free rallies. I also felt God leading me to sow over half of my income tax return check into 5 unsuspecting (but very deserving) Hispanic co-workers of mine. So, I didn't understand WHY I wasn't seeing any manifestation...why I still felt like I was living paycheck to paycheck.

This was bothering my mom as well. She didn't understand why I didn't even get an interview, since I'm definitely qualified for the job. Unbeknownst to me, my mom prayed and fasted on Mon, April 30. On Tuesday (May 1) she went to work and talked to the HR director, just to inquiry on why I didn't get chosen. (She later told me that this was so out of her comfort zone, but God kept pressing her to do it.) The director pretty much told my mom the same thing she told me; all 30 positions had been filled, but that I should keep checking ___'s website weekly, as they constantly update the site. When my mom got home from work, she relayed that message to me and told me not to be discouraged.

A couple hours later, I'm on my computer checking my class schedule for the upcoming semester, when I get a phone call from an unknown number. It turns out to be the man that headed up the 30 positions job opening (I don't remember his title). He asks me if I'm still interested in the position, because they are just wrapping up the hiring process. Of course I'm still interested! He asks when can I start, and I tell him May 14. He tells me that I just need to get my finger prints done, so I went and got those done on Fri, May 4.

**NOTE: I NEVER had an interview! I got a job for the State without an interview! Glory to God!

On Fri, May 4, I also received a raise on my current job! God is awesome!

Just when I thought God was half-listening to my prayers, He showed up unexpectedly and worked everything out for my good! I am in such awe of His works! I'm still believing God for my car to be paid off, as well as student loans...TO BE CONTINUED...


God is so awesome! I just want to encourage you in whatever state you find yourself today! God can do it. I've been in church all my life, but it's truly a blessing to witness actual miracles taking place in my life (and others' lives as well). He isn't a respecter of persons; what He can do through one person's life, He can do through and for your life as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...