If any of y'all (mainly ladies) have fallen in love with The Notebook, then you will really enjoy The Lucky One! It's ranked up there for me! I mean, any movie that has the power to make me cry must be good in some way. And my my my...if my desire for a white man wasn't refueled in that movie! Move over Noah...and come on in the house Logan! =)
So I guess that little bit of eye candy on the screen made my solo movie going experience worthwhile...lol. However, I don't think I'm ready to go by myself to a sit-down restaurant or a night showing of a movie yet. And I mean, I shouldn't have to do anything alone. And don't get me wrong; I have friends that could have very well accompanied me. This was by choice, and I wanted to spend time with myself for a change.
For some people (maybe you), doing anything alone is a scary thought. They feel lost without noise, chatter, and events with friends filling up their schedule. They don't know the essence of who they really are without their trusty clique and/or significant other. Everyday they "grind," and pretty much they live for the weekends. And it's just a repeat cycle, with a mix of random events and the annoyances of life.
My question is: What are you gonna do on those days when you have no one to call? When you're just stuck with you?
The real prayer is that you will have enough sense to look above and call on Jesus. That's the only friend that will be closer to you than your brother, sister, parents, boyfriend, fiance, best friend, etc. He's availabe 24/7 and He knows you more than you know yourself, so why not consult the Master?
***NewsFlash: Anyone other than your big brother Jesus will always always always find a way to disappoint you (in some way). Don't kid yourself. So, you might as well make Him the priority. When all else falls through the cracks, He will still be there in all His consistency.
This is YOUR life. Don't wait on others to accept your dreams before you start living them. Don't hold yourself up from having a good time, just because others may be doing their own thing. The choice is yours. Embrace the surprisings and blessings each day offers. Enjoy time with friends, as well as time spent hanging out in your own company. When you're comfortable in your own skin, it shows!
No comments:
Post a Comment