Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Home Buying Experience


Like I mentioned in my last post, I'm really interested in buying a home. I've been inspired by one of my friends recently (who also attends my church). She's young, single, and is the mother to a beautiful little girl. And she's closer to owning her own HOME than most people her age. A lot of folks in their 20's, 30's, and even 40's are steadily throwing their money away (how I see it anyway) when they go the route of renting. Now is the time to buy a house though! The difference in rent and mortgage payments these days is not much; they're nearly the same, give or take a few hundred bucks.

I asked Ashley to share her experience. It's rather short and sweet, but I'm sure I'll get into the nitty gritty of the process as I research and learn more about the subject.

Home Buying Experience-Ashley Williams


            God has blessed me with the honor and privilege of buying my first home at the age of twenty-six. After renting for five years, I pursued the process of becoming a homeowner. Initially, I strategized a saving plan for myself that would allow me to create a financial foundation throughout the process. There are out of pocket expenses a future homeowner is subject to pay such as deposits, appraisal fees, inspection fees and closing costs. Aside from being prepared financially, it is important to shop around for different lenders to determine who will provide the most grant funds and the best interest rate. There are first time homebuyers classes offered frequently so definitely contact a local real estate agency whom is capable of providing future class dates.

            God has definitely placed me under a great ministry I must say. Throughout the Debt Free Rally, Bishop Daniel Robertson Jr frequently educated the congregation on the importance of debt freedom. The Power of Connection, I must sayJ. Before my first mortgage payment was due (March 1st) I was blessed to hear information regarding reducing your mortgage term and paying over and above the standard mortgage payment. The Debt free anointing is definitely flowing to my home as well J

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...