I just had an interesting thought. Very few people actually KNOW me! lol
I'm a bit surprised that the thought even came up but by "know" I mean really have a pretty decent understanding of who Chelsea REALLY is. Of course I learn more and more about myself everyday but in all my learning, very few people have had access to Chelsea.
I'm such a different person now than I was two, three and four years ago. I say this with ALL humility but I think I'm a pretty decent person. I'm not perfect but I have a caring heart and I try my best to help people become better. Most people may pass by me at church or see me in the parking lot on the way to my car. Some "like" my facebook statuses or get a quick but genuine hello on my way to wherever I'm going but very few people have actually have access to my innermost thoughts, my goals, my hopes, my dreams, my passions, and desires. And I really like it that way.
One of my brothers, who is a very gifted poet, encourages me everytime I'm around him. One thing he said to me not too long ago is that God has hidden me to work on things on the inside of me. To get me to a certain point so He can finally display all the things He's been working on. I always think about that when I get in that mode of "I'm being misunderstood AGAIN!" lol Most people really just don't know me and because God has me in a place with only me and Him, many things won't make sense to people on the outside.
Now because of that fact, people have tried to put me in a box. Putting a person in a box can be the worst or the best thing you can ever do. Either it will cause a person to second guess themselves and their abilities or it will push them to escape the box. People will always question your abilities. I'm a pretty quiet and soft spoken person around most people. However people like Candice know me as being loud, silly and country lol But because of what people have come accustomed to when they're around me, they assume they know me and what to expect from me. Little do they know, God has been working on me in my own private time, out of the view of others. God and I have 3 am calls, 3 hour calls, 6 am calls, midnight calls, entire weekend calls lol That's my homeboy FOR REAL lol He's working out some things that I'm so excited about!
So I say all that to encourage you if you've ever been placed in a box. You are far better than any restriction people have attached to you or your abilities. It doesn't bother me though. I kind of laugh and say to myself, "You THINK you know, but you have NO idea!" Only God fully knows who I am and based off of what I know this far, it is far more than what can ever fit in a box! :-)
Amen!
ReplyDelete