Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Does anybody know that you're a Christian?

This is something that has really been bothering me tonight. It kind of came out of nowhere. I am completely against SETTLING as I stated before and anyone who is close to me knows that the last thing I will let them do is settle. Whether if it's a friendship, job, relationship, etc., I won't have peace if I let them settle!

While I was sitting here thinking about this I started thinking about people who make decisions opposite of the way they were raised. To be honest, I know alot of people who carry the title "Christian," but whose life reflects nothing different than a person who doesn't even know God.

I'm not trying to condemn anyone but I can only imagine how God feels when He sees someone carrying the name of Christ but living a life that is anything BUT Christ-like. I use to be one of them though so don't think I'm calling myself a saint. Even after recommitting my life to God a couple of years ago, I've still fallen into temptations that I should've run from. But the difference is that I was CONVICTED because I knew those actions did not please God.

I was having a talk with someone recently and they tried to convince me that I'm "not living life" because I've chosen not to do the things that so many other people my age are doing. And when I mentioned that I'm not having sex until marriage they said, "Who really does that in 2011???" They thought it was crazy! They just couldn't seem to figure out why I would make such a "drastic and unlikely decision." No sex until marriage??? Are you kidding me???

It bothers me when "Christians" will live their life however they want with no regard to God's will. I am married to Christ which is why I can carry His name. I hurt for people who don't understand. I'm actually getting teary eyed right now thinking about all the people who think they know but really have no idea. We sometimes put so much focus on people who have never heard of God that we forget to reach out to the ones who think they know enough. We can never know enough. EVER!

I realize I've been chosen by God to stand for righteousness even if I'm standing alone. Alot of people look at being a Christian in a religious way. "My parents are Christians so I'm a Christian." "I go to church so I'm a Christian." But being a Christian means you've been crucified with Christ. (Galatians 2:20) Being a Christian means you die to your flesh and things of the world to follow the will of God even if that means you'll be rejected and persecuted by the world for Christ's sake.

I'm not trying to preach but I just hope people understand that it's insulting to God to represent Him in a way that doesn't give HIM GLORY. If no one can tell the difference between you and a non-Christian, then what's the point? God said either be hot or cold and that He will spit you out if you are lukewarm. (Revelation 3:16)

I try to look at people who are lukewarm as being blind as I once was. But to make it plain, God doesn't want you to curse after every word, have sex before marriage, get drunk, get high, lie, cheat. steal, etc. Yes it's 2011 but God is the same God today that He was a hundred years ago. The world has changed but He hasn't. He still requires the same if not more from us. He loves us and wants us to offer ourselves to Him as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to Him. (Romans 12:1)

So many people think it's wack being a Christian but honestly I have more fun now than I ever have. When I was in the world I was looking for acceptance, validation, and fulfillment which was an empty search. But when I recommited myself to God, I gained access to an open heaven and now find joy in living a pure lifestyle. I'm a Christian because I've accepted Christ into my heart and I believe He died for my sins, was resurrected and sits at the right hand of my heavenly Father. I'm a Christian because I've put God's will before my own. I'm a Christian because I'm willin to be persecuted for the sake of following Christ. I'm a Christian because I refuse to settle for anything less that what the Word promises me. I'm a Christian because I die to my own fleshly desires in an attempt to resemble Christ. I'm a Christian because I've allowed my God-given light to shine in dark places. I'm a Christian because I live a life DIFFERENT than that of the world.

I know that no one is perfect but it's never too late to commit to following Him wholeheartedly by living a life that reflects Him. Be a Christian that is more than a title but is one of action. Receive the wave of His glory. You're set apart from the world and  He's waiting on YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...