Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Have You Seen COURAGEOUS Yet???

There are still quite a few people that haven't heard or seen this amazing movie entitled, COURAGEOUS. It's another Christian-based film coming from the makers of FIREPROOF.  I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago with my family, and it just moved me to the point of tears several times throughout.  It is a MUST SEE for fathers and/or those who have the desire to become fathers in the future.

The movie really shed light on the absence of consistent father figures in children's lives. I came out of that movie with so many emotions, one of which was anger. I'm not a single mother or anything, but I just began to think of all the single moms out there raising kids that a man helped to create. A lot of times in this sex-crazed generation, pregnancies are unplanned among non-married couples. So, I'm sure the mother isn't thrilled that a living breathing creature will now force her to sacrifice more of herself and possibly put her dreams on hold. It makes me mad, though, that a guy can just think to himself, "I'm not ready to be a father right now," and ditch his responsibilities. He then dumps the pregnant girl, leaving her to fin for herself and provide a life for the baby he contributed to. But...IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO!

Step up men! You were man enough to lay down and reach a climax (knowing the consequences), so don't punk out when you realize your little soldiers done got the girl pregnant! Don't you realize that your absence as a consistent father in your child's life will forever affect who that child becomes? Your sons will grow up and become exactly like you, and the cycle will just go on and on. Let's put a stop to it from this day forward.


I'd like to encourage fathers who have been MIA in their children's lives from Day 1. Your presence is needed immensely. You may be saying to yourself, "I don't know how to be a father. My dad left me..." Just make an effort. Just be there for your children. Support them. Show them your mistakes, and teach them lessons you've learned along the way. Even if you're a 16 year old father to be, you have something to offer that child. You will have to make sacrifices for the sake of your child. You may have to give up hobbies or forms of entertainment in order to make sure there are plenty of diapers and formula for the little one. Your life isn't only about you anymore. (I mean, it never was but that's a different subject.)

It's TIME OUT for the single mom, her family, and the government paying for everything, while the father's over there living life without a care in the world.  By the way, how do you sleep at night?? Knowing that there's a mini-you living down the street from you, and you don't have the decency to stop by and gaze into their eyes for a moment?? Don't you ache inside when you can't embrace them daily and validate them with one of the best words of affirmation: I LOVE YOU ?

All I'm saying is real men take care of their responsibilities. They don't run. They realize their role is crucial to their children, wives, and the world.

Soooo, I went off on a tangent there. lol. But be sure to check out the movie that started it all...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...