(So I have an old blog from 2009 that I looked up. I decided to possibly share a couple of the entries from there on this current blog. Amazing to see the difference time really makes. I was 20 years old when I wrote this. This was called 5 Letter Word.)
I use to find rocks when I was little
You know, the pretty ones
I use to say they looked like crystals
My grandpa would sit on the porch
And I'd run to him with my treasure
I never let it out my sight
I'd cry when I lost it
But the next day,
I'd be searching again
That's how you use to treat it
So rare and special
Holding and protecting it
Never turning your head away
I had given it to you
Because if anyone deserved it,
You did
You kept it polished
And even repaired all the scrapes
You made it look even better than before
It was truly your crystal
Your treasure
But you became careless
You dropped it
And lost it
From that moment I knew,
There are very few who are deserving
I spent day and night
searching...
I had to retrace my footsteps
Because I was nothing without it
Looking high and low
Through tears and smiles
I found it
It's mine again
But it's nowhere near the same
You see,
A few of the pieces that broke off
Fell into your pocket..
And if you look closely at the crack
It's a reflection of you...
You know, the pretty ones
I use to say they looked like crystals
My grandpa would sit on the porch
And I'd run to him with my treasure
I never let it out my sight
I'd cry when I lost it
But the next day,
I'd be searching again
That's how you use to treat it
So rare and special
Holding and protecting it
Never turning your head away
I had given it to you
Because if anyone deserved it,
You did
You kept it polished
And even repaired all the scrapes
You made it look even better than before
It was truly your crystal
Your treasure
But you became careless
You dropped it
And lost it
From that moment I knew,
There are very few who are deserving
I spent day and night
searching...
I had to retrace my footsteps
Because I was nothing without it
Looking high and low
Through tears and smiles
I found it
It's mine again
But it's nowhere near the same
You see,
A few of the pieces that broke off
Fell into your pocket..
And if you look closely at the crack
It's a reflection of you...
I know that everyone has felt this way at some point. As I stated I wrote this is 2009. I am in such a different place now. Thank God for growth! If I were writing it today it would be different. My heart would be forever protected because no one could get to it without the approval of God. Maya Angelou said "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man should have to seek Him in order to find it." WHOLENESS is about getting back those stolen pieces! The good thing about a broken heart is that it gives God a doorway to enter. No matter what/who has broken your heart, God's love can repair it all! Allow Him to complete you!

GLORY TO GOD!! I know it kid alot...but this is AWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteThanks midget! I wrote pretty well then but I write about different stuff now.."the good thing about a broken heart is that it gives God a doorway to enter." I love that part. That's a word from the holy spirit right there!
ReplyDelete