Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pardon My Dumb-ness

Yea, so...we're all gonna make dumb, stupid, decisions in this life. If you've been reading my most recent postings, I've been going through a weird season of dealing with a soul tie. Looking back, I sound and feel sooo dumb. lol I LOVE what Chelsea posted on Facebook today. So relevant!

Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others. Only God can change a person! #stepback


Bam bam sha-BAM! I know I needed to hear THAT! I'm sure I'm not the only one.  Too often we try to change others into who we want them to be.  But, why even bother trying?  You can talk until you're blue in the face trying to will them to change, but it's NEVER gonna happen until they WANT it bad enough for themselves.

The only person you have full control over is yourself.  Focus on changing YOU!

But anywho....

This "soul tie situation" is a crucial part of my journey to wholeness.  I can't be whole if I'm holding onto a past relationship (that I'm not even in).  It's like I've moved on; I really have.  However, the key is to stay moved on...be GONE! lol And don't look back! Sounds easy, but I know it will be a challenge to move 100% forward. However, I can do all things through Jesus! So, bring it on! :-)

Man, I'd love to tell y'all about all I went through today to finally get to my conclusion but...I guess it's a little too personal. Just know--it was AWKWARD, DRAMA-FILLED, yet EYE-OPENING to how dumb I've been. My three years of dumb-ness is officially 'bout to come to a close. I see the light! Yippee!

A few motivational words to live by, if ever you go through relationship dumb-ness:

  • You can't have your cake and eat it too
  • "If someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE them."-Maya Angelou 
  • If they will cheat WITH you, they will cheat ON you
  • Like Usher reminded us back in the day, sometimes ya gotta let it "burn"
  • Know the difference between loving someone and BEING IN LOVE with someone
  • Don't settle, no matter how hard it hurts
  • God is love. If they don't know and/or love Him, how will they love you?
  • "Be the person you wanna find; don't be a nickel out here looking for a dime."-Lyfe Jennings
  • A MAN that finds a wife finds a good thing

I LOVE listening to this song, especially at times like this! Link doesn't work...just watch/listen on YouTube. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...