What's your life like right now? Are you living out your dreams, getting joy and satisfaction from living each day on purpose? Do you feel stuck in a rut with your routine 9-5? What do you have going for yourself? Do you prefer to be BUSY and on the go, or do you enjoy being a homebody chillaxin'?
For a long time, I've wanted to be busy. Sometimes, I feel that I have so much idle time on my hands. I want to be busy about a purpose, and I absolutely HATE routine. Routine and "same old" bug me. Sometimes I get tired of driving the same roads, working the same job for nearly 6 years, living in the same area, and even dealing with myself on a day to day basis. I just don't care for too much predictability in my life. It just stunts creativity.
Technically, I am busy (or should be anyway). I'm taking 5 classes, working on the days I'm not in school, staying involved with the small group I'm apart of, and working with the 4-6 year old kids at my church. I also just got asked to write a skit for an upcoming children's event also at my church. My life right now is pretty much "go with the flow." I guess I still want to "have a life," despite being enrolled full-time in school. I don't think I've gotten to the point of sacrificing fun activities for the sake of getting my schoolwork done. I also want my life to be dictated by a definite purpose; I don't want my life to just happen.
I often find myself gazing at pictures of the celebs, their hangouts, and the latest fashion trends on Essence.com. I'm not for the gossip, but I just like looking at their lives in pictures. Their lives seem so glamorous and busy; there seems to never be a dull or idle moment going on. They have fashion shows/weeks to attend, a billion places to shop at, red carpet events, movie premieres, concerts, interviews, photo shoots, book signings....the whole 9! It just appears to be such a good life! Of course several of these celebrities are richer than rich, yet empty on the inside. Still, I'd like to travel like they do....see the world and experience LIFE outside of my small town.
I asked God to give me more opportunities to be busy about a purpose, and I believe He has. However, I don't think it came in the form that I was expecting. I constantly ask Him to reveal my purpose to me, but I don't make an effort to obey the small assignments that He has already given me.
To whom much is given, much is required. You can't skip steps. You're gonna have to go through Steps 1, 2, and 3 before you can even think of arriving to Step 45. To get to any destination, you will have to prepare.
Hope I didn't ramble too much... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment