Monday, August 1, 2011

Just Do It!

Hey all!

I do apologize for the inconsistency in this blog...I would say I've been so busy and haven't had the time, but then I'd be lying. I haven't really had any specific topics to talk about, but some of you may like my random ramblings...so here we go! :)

I just got some random inspiration from my mom. She was telling me of how she saw David and Tamela Mann (Mr. Brown & Cora from Tyler Perry's projects) on an interview. Apparently Tamela never intended to be an actress. Her main thing was to just sing songs in Perry's plays; however, Tyler Perry saw something else in her. And as we have seen, she is an accomplished actress with a few movies and a TV show under her belt. From what I understand, she never had any or much experience in acting. But look at where it got her!

My mom also mentioned Joni Lamb, co-founder of the Daystar Television Network. Lamb and her husband knew NOTHING about operating a television network, but God had placed the idea on their hearts to do so. Just from hearing that and knowing about the success of their network now, got me to thinking about my own God-given ideas and dreams (including this blog). If the Lord gave you an idea or witty invention, He will always provide ALL the necessities to allow it to come into fruition. 

There are tons of ideas on several subjects always floating around in my head, but what gets me is the HOW-TO on how to make it happen. So I may think on these ideas several times throughout the day, but I've realized that nothing is gonna happen until I make an effort. I may not know how to get there, but I know someone who does... *Enter, The Man Upstairs*

Faith without works is dead. I have to constantly remind myself of that, since I kind of feel inconsistent in areas where I should be fully consistent and diligent in. My mind tends to go idle at times, especially since it's summertime. smh...this should be the time when I'm at a peak of some sort and being actively productive in SOMETHING! 

Well, I'm getting there and I'm happy to report that I've got my mind under control!!! I literally thought I was going crazy about a week or two ago. But I realized I had to reach and pull closer to God, and I had to be reminded that He's my EVERYTHING. He just wanted his daughter's full attention. :-)

I've also been developing new habits. I'm reading the Word daily now, so that definitely helps. I shoulda been doing that the whole time, but....I tend to slip sometimes and get caught up in life doing everything and nothing at the same time. So, even if it's just a few verses, I take the time out to read my Bible daily. I pray more selflessly, and I listen for God's voice as well. 

I've also started a new goal to read at least 1 book a week. It is POSSIBLE!! You just have to make the time out to do so. So, that's what I'm doing now....I'm reading Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. What are you reading??? Start something!! An idle mind is a terrible thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...