Little did I know that I would experience a live EARTHQUAKE today. It was so random! Earthquakes and natural disasters rarely RARELY happen in VA! So I'm workin at Chick-fil-A bagging an order, and the building just starts shaking. I'd never felt the ground underneath me shake like that. I seriously thought Jesus was bout to crack the sky. Man, I kinda wish He had...this world is too crazzzyy for words. Everyone was freaking out, and it's just been the talk all day long. And probably will be tomorrow and in days to come. Plus, there's the possible aftershock. Then, there's a hurricane headed our way this weekend. So Jesus might not have come today, but He's on His way.
Remember this song? We used to sing this at my old church back in the day, but it's a fitting song for the present.
I kept thinking today, "Time to get right." Not just for me, but for the world. Jesus is coming back, and I'm not gonna lie...the thought sometimes scares me. I know I'm going to heaven, but it's a frightening fact that the world as I know it is going to end. Even more frightening is the future of those who don't know Jesus.
I don't claim to be super-spiritual, and my aim is definitely NOT to preach at you. I'm just being real. Don't you feel that something is going on beyond the physical, like in the spiritual realm? Natural disasters, bad weather, wars, people acting too foolish...think about what the world has come down to. Sin is so much more embraced now, and I'm sure God isn't pleased. Whew, imagine His wrath when He finally gets to that breaking point when He pulls the plug. I definitely don't wanna be on that end.
So, get right! You don't know the day or the hour. If anything, this whole event made me want to be more serious about God and His purpose in my life.
Now, moving on...soul ties and distractions. R A N D O M but....
Do you think you ever forget your first love? And if you can't, is that considered a soul tie? Or is it a merely a distraction? What do YOU think? [I don't feel like explaining where this is coming from. lol]
Nitey nite...i'll leave you with an AH-MAZING song that's been in my head since yesterday. :-)
I felt that quake yesterday too. Scaryyy lol but I don't think you forget your first love. It's hard to move on but eventually you do. Def think it's more of a distraction than soul tie depending on how far the relationship went. Btw love the Debarge song! They're one of my fav throwback groups :)
ReplyDeleteDon't even ask what I was doing during the earthquake. I realize however, that by making that statement you'll be more prone to do so. And yes, I'd answer you...I just wouldn't reccommend you asking me.
ReplyDeleteANYWAYS...remembering your first love. Not going to lie, this is something I have been struggling with here recently. Not directly pertaining to my first love or anything but moreso looking at the potential of a new relationship. His response to me was: "For years, I've been infatuated with this girl who is outright unattainable." Of course, this came out right after he admitted having a crush on me. While I did and do feel somewhat left hanging...my heart aches for him and only him. Not out of wanting to be with him but for the trap he's stuck in and wanting so bad to help him out. I started thinking back to the guy I was interested in for more than 2 years....He wasn't churched. (HUGE RED FLAG) Regardless, I'm a hopeless romantic and by far one of the biggest advocates of "Everything being possible through Christ." So I prayed for him daily...I prayed for his heart. His soul. His mind. The potential of "us". Sure, there were signs and looking back now I know God was speaking to me...the problem was though that my investment in this man blinded me which thus created a sense of separation from God. I drove myself away because I came to care about him so much as a person. Unfortunately...it took something bad to happen for me to realize I was lost in the sauce on a variety of levels. I drove away that night blaming myself for what had happened. I knew that was my low point. Fortunately, God was there to catch me. He strengthend me. He renewed me. He restored me. He gave me courage and instilled boldness within me. After about 2 months, I finally stood up for myself and made the move. I told the man that I couldn't continue on. He responded in a way which was blatantly meant to strike me down. He stabbed my character. He punched my inner being. However, that served as my assurance. It was indeed a soul tie. When we pray, God answers. He doesn't leave us hanging. Don't allow yourself to be tied up soulfully-speaking. Listen before you assume. Listen before you do. And more importantly, do what you hear. When God says run...Run.
And back to the whole potential relationship thing-if you're tied down emotionally, mentally, and/or soulfully. You may miss out on something grand which God has planned.
Well said Carmalita! Our stories are somewhat similar...i feel led to pray for (you know who) all the time! I don't know why. I wonder if it's just me wanting the love I once knew back or genuinely praying for this guy. I like how you said you're an advocate for "everything being possible through Christ." That's what I keep believing that maybe he'll change, find God, realize what he's missing out on [me :)] etc. I don't know why I care so much for him. I really don't. This guy has hurt me to my core--to the point I don't wanna live anymore. And yet, I still have love for him. I'm able to forgive and forget the wrongs and look past that. It's so frustrating because I can't forget HIM how much I try. And I don't want my inability to forget my first love to cause me to miss out on something grand God has planned, as you say. It's all soooo frustrating. :-/
ReplyDelete