Lately, I've been reading Proverbs 31. I think The Message translation is my favorite so far. Whether you're an avid Bible reader or not, I'm pretty sure you have heard talk referring to the "virtuous Proverbs 31 woman." Every guy wants or should want a chick like her. If you haven't read it all, Google it and read Proverbs 31:10-31.
Yea, so I've been reading this chapter and reading it and reading....and....I'm not her! At all! At least not yet...
That woman had it going on! She was productive and organized, and also made sure that her family was constructive with their time as well. Her days were all planned out---she probably had so much already completed before the time I usually wake up! And now in the summer (and when I'm not working), that's around 10AM. She wasn't lazy at all; she was a very successful businesswoman. She knew how to create multiple streams of income for her household--from selling her own handmade clothing to buying acres of land!
Unlike myself (yet lol), she was also "SKILLED in the crafts of home and hearth, diligent in homemaking." I imagine that she could throw down in the kitchen..or the hut, tent, whatever. lol. Her place was probably so spotless and organized. I can't wait for the day when I'll be consistent in putting everything in its proper place. I don't know why I feel the need to throw everything on top of the bed or stuff things in drawers...smh. I'll get there one day soon though. :-)
I've realized that this virtuous woman did so much for her family and others. She wasn't just a pretty girl making googly eyes with her husband; she WORKED and did her job well. She embodied excellence and was an influential being in her community. She feared God, submitted to her husband, and kept her kids in check as well.
I just celebrated my 22nd birthday last week, and I've just felt that it's time for me to "grow up" in so many ways. If you saw me, you'd probably think I was still in high school. That's not a bad thing, but I'd like to dress in a way that is more appealing...not even for a man, but for me. I could have a ton of money in my bank account, and I would hardly go shopping even when I could stand a few new outfits. (I can still wear some things from middle and high school smh). Most likely, I'd spend the money on food. Bottom line: I'd just like to dress like a 22 year old should.
Ironically on my bday, my mom mentioned that I need "to put myself in a position to be found." She wasn't saying that I need to approach guys or be on the lookout for a man, but rather to just be prepared. Sometimes he's there, but he can't see you because you're not the YOU you're supposed to be. You're hidden from his view. Hope that makes sense. And once again, becoming this Proverbs 31 figure is NOT an adventure to somehow meet the man of my dreams. I mean, if it happens it happens. :-) But, that's not the ultimate goal.
I have several immature, childish characteristics. Maybe you do too. We all need to "grow up" in some way or another. Maturity doesn't necessarily mean older in age. It's the lessons you learn in life combined with the tests you pass on those subjects. I encourage each of you to read Proverbs 31 today--male or female. Ladies, you need to know your virtuous role. And fellas, you need to recognize who "the ONE" is supposed to look like so you don't settle for any ol' pretty thing that opens up her legs...oops! Did I just say--yurrpp! tee-hee! :-)
nice piece. very inspirational.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading! :)
ReplyDelete