Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The "Wifey" Doesn't Pout

Hello all! Sorry I've been away for so long (like a week), but you should be getting used to my #1 Excuse: I'm a procrastinator. Haha...one day, I'll be on top of things though!


I hope you all had a great weekend/Easter! I had a fun-filled week (last week), weekend, and Easter.  Church was on point, and I thought I would just go home and take a mini nap before dinner (since I had been running on low sleep like everyday).  I was sleeping ever so peacefully, until my mom called me.


"Candice, what are you doing?"


"I'm taking a nap." (I don't sleep hard lol)


"I need you to help me fix dinner."


I immediately became frustrated, because here I am trying to nap!  And she wants me to help cook dinner  today of all days.  I don't even cook like talking 'bout.  I know I always say I want to learn, but I want to learn when I feel like learning, ya know?  Not on the spot, when I'm tryin' to sleep.


So, I went to the kitchen feeling some type of way.  I was clearly pouting, and I just stood with a mean attitude.


"You're eating with us, aren't you?" my mom said; my nasty looks obviously didn't faze her.


I nodded.  "I should've had you in the kitchen a long time ago," she said.


"Blah blah blah," is what I'm THINKING in my head and I proceeded to make this cheesy potato casserole my mom always makes.


My mom was trying to hold a conversation with me while we cooked, but I was still upset that she interrupted my beauty sleep.  So I acted like a kid, giving one word responses and shrugs.  After awhile, I guess something clicked inside that I was acting extremely childish. So, I let my guard down and acted like my normal self.


It's really silly now, especially since my mom only asked me to cook one thing--the cheesy potato casserole.  On top of that, she had already cut the potatoes.  All I had to do was chop the onions, melt the butter, and stir that (along with a can of Cream of Mushroom and shredded cheese) with the potatoes.  Simple, right?  


Pouting isn't cute...at all!  It's childish when you stick your lip out just because things don't do your way.  Um, suck it up!  Life doesn't revolve around you!  Think about someone other than yourself.  Then YOU will be placed on  someone else's "list" when they choose to think of someone other than themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...