Friday, April 15, 2011

That's Why I'm Not a Wife......yet!

So, I've read Chelsea's posting "Enjoy Becoming" (below) about three times. From reading that, I realize how different we are and how I'm definitely NOT "wifey material" yet. It kinda convicted me actually. I feel like I'm the slacker above slackers, and I guess from reading her posting...that makes me just a little bit SELFISH.


To be honest, I'm not thinking about my future family realistically. I daydream quite often about how my family will look externally--picture perfect, 3-5 kids, a spontaneously loving husband, nice house and cars, the dog I never had, and a family feel like that on the Cosby Show. However, I'm not thinking about all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to get there.


Chelsea mentioned that she's finally getting serious about her education and has set her priorities in order. Me? Ummm...


I'm just not there. I know I have the potential to do and be better in school, but I just SLACK and PROCRASTINATE so much! I just get mad at myself when I think of how much I slack off in my studies and in other areas in my life.



  • I'm late to nearly EVERYTHING! And I'm so tired of it! 

  • The interior of my room, bathroom, and car stays messy. (And I have the pictures to prove it! Yes, I'm about to expose myself! haha)

I hate, hate, HATE folding clothes. Can you tell?


So, they pretty much stay there and I pick out what I need from day to day. Shame, I know.
I should at least invest in a laundry basket or something.


Product junkie. I don't even use half of that stuff.


Ugh!


Scum. Oh, and the drain sometimes reeks of rotten eggs. Gotta keep the Draino on deck! lol

As you can see, my cleanliness is a HUGE issue. I didn't have any pics of my car up here, but it's no exception to my messy ways. This is one of the reasons Why I'm NOT a Wife Yet and why I still live at home with my parents at age 21 (not a horrible thing, but I'd like to move out in the near future). I need to learn how to clean my space regularly. I'm only messy when it comes to MY stuff. I definitely keep the kitchen clean, since I can't stand dirty dishes piling up in the sink. I'm a clean person at work as well.

So, I know I'm not ready to be a wife as of now. I'm sure my future hubby would be frustrated with me, and I wouldn't want to raise kids in a filthy environment. So, I guess I will buy a laundry basket next week to eliminate the growing pile of clothes on my bed. (I don't know why I never thought of that before.)

From reading Chelsea's posting, I realized how unfocused I really am when it comes to my education. I almost don't even care about school, but she pointed out that it's pretty selfish that I'm not starting to care about my future family (whenever I start one). Even though I'm a little shaky with sticking to a major (because I am unsure of whether it's my life calling or not), I should just apply myself and at least stop wasting precious money on classes I have to repeat because of poor grades. Hopefully, I'll have my Bachelor's in Professional Writing/Journalism by the end of 2012. My life is not my own. My struggles are not mine alone. I do this for my offspring, my legacy. And if I never have kids, I do this to please God and to be able to be a blessing to someone else in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Candy this is hilarious!! But you are sooo not alone!! I like organization but sometimes my room looks like Hurrican Katrina....until recently. After I had an "expectation" convo with Rashaad and the 3rd thing he said was "organization" I realized it was a problem! He said you clean often and I really like that...I just need to know the difference between the clean clothes and the dirty ones!!! As a result I now have 3 clothes hampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 clothes hampers? That's a lot! I need to get one that closes, so stuff isn't toppling over. My major problem is that I wash clothes several times a week & the pile of clean clothes just keeps piling up on my bed...& the funny thing is, I sleep with the pile there lol...Chelsea said she's gonna get me a clothes basket or somethin'. We shall see how that works out... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...