Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Just Want A Man!!!!

I've officially been single for almost two and a half years. When I first broke up with my ex, I think I forgot how to be single. I had serious urges to text/call him frequently throughout the day. I didn't know what to do with myself; everything I did included him. I didn't have a clue how to be by MYSELF and continue to enjoy life.


I believe everyone goes through a "broken heart" phase. If no one has broken your heart in a relationship, at least ONE person on this earth has disappointed you in some shape or form. When you're hurt in that way, you do everything you can think of to get back to your "HAPPY PLACE."


I was forced in a position to pray. I mean, I already "prayed" less than 5 min a day...while spending a huge chunk of time everyday doing everything and nothing with him. It's a terrible feeling to have someone (who you thought "loved" you), step out on you with some other chick. This was my first H E A R T B R E A K. At the time, I didn't know how I would make it or get through. It's silly now, but I actually thought of committing suicide over this guy. Crazy!!! 


*DON'T EVER LET ANYONE OR ANYTHING PUSH YOU TO THAT LEVEL!*


Anywho, back to my point....everyone deals with heartbreak differently. I was down to my lowest point, so seeking God for help and getting back in the swing of daily prayer did it for me. Before I knew it, I was out of that depression/suicidal phase. I got involved with a couple new activities, met new people, and began on the journey to finding ME! (I'm still on this journey, as we speak...). 


So, I mentioned earlier that it's been almost TWO and a HALF YEARS, and I'm still single!! Uhhhhh....where's my man?! I need him like NOW! I just want someone to hold me sometimes. Can I get a cuddle every now and then? I wanna laugh in someone's face, get goo goo eyes, and feel the flutter of butterflies when they come around. And to be honest, I miss kissing all the time. lol...


                 I JUST WANT A MAN! That's it. Sometimes I think I want a man so much, that I'm almost willing to settle. But something inside tells me to hold on just a little while longer. The best is still yet to come!


There's SO much stuff I gotta get straight in my own life. I don't merely want a relationship based on physical attraction. All the beauty and sexiness is gonna fade, get lumpy, dry, rusty, and crusty in a few (haha) so I don't even want it based on that. All of that is just whipped cream on the cake! (I don't like cherries.) To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...