Most people have seen the movie Titanic. If not, it's a movie about a huge ship that ends up causing the death of thousands of people after it hits an iceberg and sinks.
This is something that God showed me.
The Titanic was flowing smoothly at first. There didn't seem to be any issues or problems; things seemed to be going as planned. The problem appeared when the captain realized that the path the Titanic was on, would lead them all to destruction. They knew they were responsible for everyone on board. So as a result, they attempted to turn the ship and go a different path to avoid the things that were ahead.
They did everything they could to turn the ship. The ship slowed down. And even though the iceberg was still in the distance, because the ship was so big, it took a long time for it to turn. Mainly because of it's size but also because it was accustomed to going with the current.
I woke up this morning thinking about the Titanic. And this came to mind. We all were once on a path headed towards destruction. We were going along with the current until we got a glimpse of where we were headed. We went to God and asked Him to turn us around. This is my main point. Sometimes when we go to God and we do all that we feel like we can do to cause the change we need in our lives, things still seem to slow down. We feel like we're not moving. Our situation isn't turning around.
I want to encourage you not to give up on going with God's system. It may seem like nothing is happening. But just like the Titanic, it will sometimes take time for things to turn around. All the water has to be moved to make room for your turnaround. And we know, it takes more effort and time to go against the current than it does to flow with the waves. God is setting you up for a complete 180. The bigger your "ship" the longer it may take. But just know, things ARE turning.
And you won't have to worry about sinking. We have the power to rebuke the waves and even the icebergs that we see in the distance. We are no longer on the world's system which will tell us, that because the iceberg is close, we're all going to die. Not so. We are now on God's system. In Proverbs 6:2 it says, "you have been trapped by what you said, ensnared by the words of your mouth." YOU control whether you will be ensnared by the words of the world's system or by the words of God's system. I choose God!
So in the meantime, we must speak LIFE until we see the change. I WILL NOT be broke. I WILL NOT be sick. I WILL NOT give up. I AM prosperous. I AM healed. I AM strong. There are things going on that you can't see and you may not even feel yet. Be encouraged and remain patient. Just know, THE SHIP IS TURNING.
No comments:
Post a Comment