Monday, July 23, 2012

Late Night / Early AM Encouragement

It's been a few days since that shooting incident in Colorado, and I'm still in shock! Watching the footage on TV just made my heart ache for the victims and their families. And it became even more disheartening when I read about the deceased victims on cnn.com. It hit me...that could have easily been me! Seriously. I go to the movies all the time, and that latest Batman movie was on my list of movies to catch this summer.

It always baffles me when things like this happen. Columbine. 9/11. Virginia Tech. And now this random shooting in Aurora, Colorado. I don't understand what goes through these people's minds when they seek out and plan to take innocent lives. Like, why? I just don't get it, and it's so sad.

In recent years, I've heard from several people (ministers and the like) that the state of the world is gonna continue to worsen. To be honest, I just don't want to believe that. But I do know certain things must take place on Earth before Jesus returns. We just need to stay prayed up and armed with the fruits of the spirit.

Obviously, it's the enemy (devil) that is working through these folks, coercing them to do these evil acts.

"The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I [Jesus] came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, til it overflows)." John 10:10 (AMP)


The enemy speaks to all of us in some form or another; it is up to us whether we listen and take action or not. It's easy to believe his lies are the actual truth, when you're not spiritually mature.

There were many, many, MANY days when I dealt with depression and its complementary thoughts. I didn't want to cause physical harm to others, only myself. However, had I listened and acted on those evil thoughts, I would have brought unnecessary pain and anguish to my family members and other loved ones. It would've been very selfish of me.

Whether we believe it or not, we are all connected. We were never meant to go through anything alone.  Someone somewhere cares about YOU! Someone (other than Jesus, God, and the heavenly beings) loves you! Someone is mentioning you in their prayers.

Life is not as bad as it seems. There is light at the end of the dark tunnel. There is joy at the end of the struggle, if you only push through. Just keep on living. Things will get better! I am a witness to that fact! Believe it for yourself.

Be encouraged and uplift others! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...