Sunday, January 8, 2012

Oh Yea...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Excuse me, I'm so rude.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! 2012 BABY!!!


Just a tad bit late ladies and gents, but better late than never. =)

However, that's the last time I'm saying "Happy New Year!" I don't know why some folks continue to proclaim their New Year's greetings well into February or March. Seems a little tacky to me, but hey...what do I know?

As we have now entered into a brand new year and it's typical for folks to be on their "new year, new me" routine for a few days, I pray that you won't make this year typical.

Unless you're a dedicated individual, those New Year's resolutions will fall through in a few days (if they haven't already). Let's be real. If nothing changes, nothing changes.

I've seen a few folks post online that one of their goals for this year is to find true love and be in a stable, long lasting relationship. I'm sorry, but can I *side eye* for a quick minute? If you weren't where YOU were supposed to be at the end of 2011, a relationship will NOT solve the problem. Sure, it'll be a quick fix...a void-filler of sorts. But if you need someone (other than God) to complete you and make you whole...lemme just say, YOU NEED HELP! lol...no but seriously, you're going about it the wrong way. Keep it locked to this blog, because I have a feeling we're going places this year!! I have an inkling that more and more people will stop looking to relationships to fill empty places; I believe more folks (including myself) will embrace this journey wholeheartedly and be led by the Spirit of God when living this day-to-day life.

This year...


  • follow your dreams 
  • cherish time well spent with family and friends 
  • reflect
  • go after wisdom
  • do something adventurous and unexpected 
  • read more 
  • write more 
  • give to those less fortunate 
  • give God full control of your day and life {constant, consistent prayer} 
  • continually prepare 
  • guard your heart 
  • move your body {exercise} 
  • try something new 
  • make a new friend
  • live in joy 
  • be a tad more artsy
  • do what you love, and just please... live like you're dying.


Don't allow 2012 to be typical.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...