Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 17: My Thankful

I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to do an outreach in the community today. I was responsible for making salvation bracelets for the kids. I felt a little out my comfort zone, which was a good thing. In a way, I felt like I was being put on the spot. Like all my inside knowledge and wisdom was being tested or something. I think being part of this outreach motivated me to go a little deeper in this Christian walk. I know I need to pray more, read my Bible more, and just get a deeper understanding of exactly what and who I'm living for. I hope to do a missions trip one day, so this was a preview for me.

I'm thankful for the children's team I work with at my church. Aside from the teenage assistants, I'm the youngest out of all the other teachers. I think many of them are in their late 30's--mid 40's. I'm still thankful that I have the opportunity to work with such great people. A lot of people aren't willing to work with younger kids (especially the energetic 4-6 year olds that I work with), but we have a consistent team of teachers and assistants who are unstoppable.

Even though I didn't get a head start on all the school work I have due tomorrow, I'm just thankful for a peaceful day of rest and relaxation. And before I know it, it will be Thanksgiving break! Whoop Whoop! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...