As many of you know, today was Election Day. I know I mentioned a few weeks ago that everyone should be registered to vote, because of all the people that pushed so we could have this privilege. However, I did not feel like going to the polls today. For what? I don't know who's running. I don't know what's going on in the VA area, politics wise.
However, my dad kept nagging me that I needed to vote. I told him I didn't even know who to vote for. He gave me a couple pointers, so I dragged myself to the polls. I guess I still don't appear to be at least 18 yet, since I was asked a few times by different people if it was my first time voting since I looked so young. Well! ...thanks, I guess. lol
This was my second time voting. My first time was when Obama won! Regardless of how you feel about our President, that day was a great day! Today's voting experience was blahhhh. Only one section had the labels (D) or (R) beside the candidates. The others...you basically had to know what the person was all about to vote for them. So, I literally guessed. Oh, that's a nice name. You got my vote. Now, that's a different last name. Let me fill in this bubble right here. Bam! And then some questions only had one person's name under them, plus a spot where you could suggest a different candidate. Um...no competition? I was about to write Mickey Mouse. I mean, does it matter?
People always make so much emphasis on how our vote matters, but how does it really matter? I think there should have been actual things to vote for. Like what do you think of this, this, and this? Of course, that's where the candidates' campaigns come into play. But I wasn't paying attention to any of that lying gibberish on the Tube this year. Everyone just picks out the bad in the other person, and you don't know if they're lying or what...you gotta do your homework if you really want to be an effective voice in who gets a spot in office.
Yea, I voted. But I don't remember the names I chose. Maybe I should watch the news more and/or do some research on what's going on in my state and the nation, and never vote aimlessly again.

No comments:
Post a Comment