Monday, October 10, 2011

Fighting Temptations

TUNNEL VISION CHELSEA!!!

So the last two weeks, I got random texts from three different guys that I haven't talked to in a WHILE. Ok so what's wrong with that you ask? WELL, I don't think any of them had good intentions.One even asked me to go to the movies and I can't lie, I was extra tempted. In my mind I was like "Oh we're just friends. Nothings wrong with a movie." But then that night I had a dream. And let's just say that dream was enough to make me change my mind lol Not to mention the dream I had about one of them the day before he texted me.

Some people may not understand that. I've gotten a lot of slack from people about dating. Why aren't you dating anybody? blah blah blah I have some things to get in order! Even back in my "those years" season, dating was something that I took very seriously and didn't just dive in without first truly analyzing the WHOLE situation. But I always find it interesting that when I've finally gotten to another level of being focused, here come distractions!

I'm not saying any of them are bad guys but I'm like "Wow your timing is impeccable." NOT! I had to shake it off! I had to turn my head the other way. That's one of the great things about being able to hear from God, I know when He has told me to keep moving. And I can discern distractions much better than I use to. I was a little trif back in the day. I would go to the movies just for the movie and not the person I was going with. Talk about leading people on smh..That's why I have to stay put and focus on God. He's already given me a few great and timely revelations on what to expect for my future as it pertains to that area and I believe it! Until then, I'm growing in Him. Therefore that casual stuff is no good to me.

I can't lie and say it's not tempting at times. (These weren't some unattractive brothas either) But I have some things to do and I'm not at that place where I believe I'm a nobody unless I have somebody. Unfortunately a lot of people are in that unfulfillable territory. That's why you must have God. He is the only consistent and completely fulfilling addition to life. Anything else should just ADD to it. And you can't just have Him, you have to be deeply rooted in Him. That's the only thing that can keep you when temptation peaks its head. Candice and I talked about this in our most recent video but winter time is the "boo season." And to be honest, I had a two second walk down memory lane thinking about that winter when I was walking hand and hand through Short Pump with all the pretty Christmas lights lol I shook that off too though!

If you don't remember anything else, remember that there's a time and season for everything. I've lost focus before. I've given into distractions and temptations. But the difference now is that I know what's for me and what isn't. No time for setbacks or imitations of the real thing. The beauty of working on yourself and your relationship with God is that you haven't given a piece of yourself to every person that comes your way. But you put yourself in a position to learn and imitate God's love so that you can be a reflection of that. You also give God the space and freedom to complete you and you'll know when the right ONE comes at the right time. One day but not today! I'm growing and I just want to keep my focus!

"I am completely convinced that God has reserved me because He knows the ONE man who deserves me. And until that day I've asked God that through my virtue, He continues to preserve me."
                                                                                                                               -Me

Stay focused! The right ONE will wait!!

2 comments:

  1. This is nice. I'm always getting scolded on why im not dating by im doing things own my own terms and of course God's. It's better that way. There's always temptation but it's best to flee it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I gave up trying to explain myself to people who don't understand..I know what I'm doing though lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...