I meet with a small group of single ladies roughly once a week. We met yesterday, and the topic was Prince Charming. Oooh la la! :-) I really enjoyed the discussion, and I just wanted to share a few of my thoughts on the subject.
I love fairy tales, happy endings, old school Disney, princesses, chivalry, romance, and all that gushy stuff. I believe in love. However, it took A LOT of growing up in the real world to come to know that no one is PERFECT. I mean, I knew that...I just still continued to have high expectations for people.
People, including Prince Charming, will disappoint you. They can't help it; they're human. You're human. I'm human. We're gonna make mistakes all the time. Just accept that fact--it'll save you a lot of disappointment.
I believe that Prince Charming can find you and you can live the best life happily ever after [with the help of Jesus. :-) ] For all of you impatient ladies out there (including myself, at times), I think he's gonna come when you LEAST EXPECT IT. So stop looking for him!!
An interesting point was brought up last night...what if he/she never comes? What if you're destined to be single? Could you live with that realization, or would you become angry with God and life? It got me to thinking...I need to get in a mindset of living this life wholeheartedly and with more gusto (regardless of whether I'll ever tie the knot). What do I want to accomplish in my life? What goals and dreams would I like to see manifest in the near future? What path does God have for just the two of us (me & Him)? Time to fall totally in love with God again, because He's the only one that's guaranteed.
Just living life with Him as the main priority...
SN: Another point to ponder....why would God put this marriage desire in many of us, if we were only destined for singleness?? Hmmm....

love this !
ReplyDelete