Mt. Gilead Full Gospel International Ministries
2501 Mt. Gilead Blvd.
Richmond, VA 23235
If you don't live in the area, it may be on sale soon online at thebalmingilead.org OR you can shoot an email to projectwifey@gmail.com and I will personally send you a copy! Yes, it's that serious! lol
The main scripture came from Deuteronomy 6:5---> Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. (NIV)
BIG emphasis on the 3 "alls" in that scripture. Not halfway, not a little bit, not a leftover piece but ALL! If you give God all of yourself, you can't possibly love another (whether it be significant other, family, or friend) "with all your heart." Yes, we were created to need others. Some were created for marriage and to produce a family. However, you just can't love any of that more than you love HIM.
Man, I'm still "high" right now as I type...lol. I can't explain it all. You just have to get that Word and let it change your life!
We do God so wrong...like all the time!! All the things we put above Him...smh! Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, NFL, NBA, our fav TVshows, friends, family, events, school, boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives, children, our jobs, food, shopping, traveling, hobbies, electronic gadgets, and the list could go on f o r e v e r !
God/Jesus should be the first one you think of when you wake up in the morning, and He should be the last thought before you nod off to sleep. I'm gonna be honest...I'm definitely not at that level yet, but I'm determined to be. Maybe you're like me. I sleep with my phone by my side, so what do you think I do when I awaken each morning to the alarm on my phone? I might check my email, check my Facebook, check Twitter, play WordFeud or Tile Takedown (I'm addicted to word games lol), check any missed texts while I was asleep....and all before I say "Good morning Lord! Thank YOU for waking me up to see this day!"
Wellll, I was definitely convicted tonight. But I plan to definitely do better! I've taken "fasts" from Facebook and Twitter before, but I think I'm bout to back up from both for a little bit. It doesn't take a rocket scientist or a scholar in the Word to realize that they are serious time wasters! I don't know how or why scrolling up a news feed or looking at your profile layout can be SOOOOOO ENTERTAINING?! But somehow, it is. And before you know it, three hours have gone by. Maybe not all at once. But gradually throughout the day, you have been logged into some social networking site updating the world on your extraordinary life.
Whew...tonight I was on the edge of my seat, hanging onto every word my Bishop was preaching. And on the drive home, I just repented for putting all this stuff ahead of my creator. I know serious change has to take place PRONTO. I know I just need to fall back in love with Jesus. I need to pursue him daily, so my walk won't grow stale. I need to know Him to the fullest extent that I can possibly do so, and not merely talk about knowing Him. I need to invest in more praise and worship music and read my Bible DAILY and earnestly. Yep, I fall short in that area sometimes.
I came across one of my favorite worship CDs before I drove to church. It's almost 10 years old, but this is one of the most amazing worship CDs I've heard. The music is so peaceful, and it will take you into the Throne Room. Check it out....
Well I think that's enough for now beautiful people. We gotta do better. It's time to refocus, create change, and produce what God's given us to give back to Him...

wow girl isn't that the truth ? often we put all those things in front of God and give him what's left over . we must always put and keep him first . nice piece :-)
ReplyDeleteYea girl, we MUST keep him as the main priority or risk feeling the repercussions later. Thanks for your continual support in reading my ramblings lol :)
ReplyDelete