Friday, September 16, 2011

Healthy Living!

So we haven't blogged about any meal preparations lately. I did a blog a while back about how I was getting on the "healthy food train," but unfortunately my cravings for sweets and salt seemed to be too much for my little taste buds to go without lol But I'm happy to say I've gotten back on track. And I owe that to a water fast I completed. Although I was fasting to get closer to God, drinking only water for a few days will make you appreciate ANY food, even the healthy foods :-)

This was a very easy meal. No recipes. Just whipped it up!



So this is the boneless chicken breast. It looks small in this pic but it was about the size of my entire hand! lol Anyway, I let it soak in cold water to thaw.


So once that was out of the way, I got my seasonings together. Once the chicken was thawed, I poked a few holes in it and I used less than a teaspoon of salt. (Nobody wants high blood pressure. Plus if you're trying to lose weight, sodium will hold on to every ounce of water in your body) I didnt really measure the other seasonings that are shown below. I just seasoned a good amount on both sides in a plastic bag. And shook it up.

I put Reynolds wrap in an oven friendly pan and added olive oil. I cut up about a whole onion and placed that along with the chicken in the pan. I put the oven on about 400 I believe. (Little more or little less) But the chicken cooked for about 40 minutes.

During the last 10-15 minutes before the chicken was done, I sauteed some onions and peppers on the stove. You can do this either with fresh veggies or the frozen ones. They're so good. I added a little oil to the pan before I cooked them and a little seasoning as well. The longer they cook the softer they'll get. I've always heard that if you cook veggies too long, you may cook the nutrients out of them. Leave a little crunch in them. They're better that way! :-)



This is the end result! :-)


Very simple meal! I was going to make rice with it but I'm glad I didn't. It was very filling but I wasn't stuffed. And as you can see, it was very healthy. And honestly I can say that the chicken was more tender than any boneless chicken breast I've had! (No joke! It was good)

And one of the biggest things I'm proud of is I couldn't go to sleep until I washed the dishes lol I washed them earlier today and then washed them again after I cooked. It was only a matter of time before I turned into my gma and mom haha They NEVER could sleep with a dirty kitchen. I understand now. Keeps you from having to do them the next day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...