I heard a sermon not too long ago that was based off of this verse and it really blessed me. One question that I think is incredibly important to ask yourself, "Is there anything in my life I've created that God did not breath into?"
I looked up the definition of alive. And the one that stood out to me stated that being alive means continuing in existence. So if something is alive that means it should be making progress. It shouldn't just be in one place doing one thing forever, life should equal pressing forward.
Genesis 2:7 is describing the creation of the first man, Adam. God created him from dust and THEN God gave him life. Before God breathed into Adam he was a creation but he was not alive. Without life you can't function. If you don't have life you can't pursue or live up to a purpose. To make it plain, without life any creation is a waste.
We as humans often lose patience. We feel that we're missing out on things that we want or need, not realizing that greater blessings take greater preparation. In the mist of doubt, sometimes envy,and alot of times being impatient, we take it upon ourselves to create our own situations. This list could include many things, relationships, friendships, businesses, etc. But without the breath of life from God, it's a creation but it is not alive. Just as Adam was created by God and was a man, he didn't have purpose or the ability to make progress until God breathed LIFE into him.
I think being mature in Christ and growing requires each of us to admit to our own wrong doings. There have been many times in my life that certain things didn't work out. Sometimes it was the wrong timing or the wrong decision but what it comes down to was that I personally had created it, but God had not given it life to progress. Therefore it was a waste and it was dead. I'm grateful for that lesson and more importantly that revelation.
When we put our will before God, many times we're left with baggage. We're left dragging our dead creation because it was out of disobedience and was not approved by God. On this journey of growth that I'm currently on, it was important for me to understand the importance of God's will. Everyday we create things, ideas, dreams, and aspirations. But what is currently in our lives that God has not breathed on? Relationships that we've created can become baggage just as dreams that we pursue prematurely. There is no life outside of God. Our situations are no different than Adam's creation. If God needs to breath life in His OWN creation, what makes any of us think we can create without the BREATH OF LIFE from God? Doesn't make any sense right?
I thought it was important to share this with you because we're all growing together. And to stay away (as much as possible) from broken hearts and failed dreams, it's important to know the importance of submitting to God's will. To create only what He has instructed us to create and to stay away from our own created unapproved relationships and friendships. And to wait to pursue certain dreams until God has given our creation life.
God can't bless disobedience. And one of the things that can bring the most discouragement, is creating something that is dead. It may not be dead because it was NEVER for you but it may be dead because of the impatience that pushed you to create it without the hand of God. Rest in knowing His way is always the right way. His timing is always the right timing. Just know that He is God. I would much rather wait patiently for His living creation than to drag along my own created dead one!
Find patience in the breath of life. 
-Ryunosuke Satoro
No comments:
Post a Comment