Friday, May 13, 2011

Can I vent a Little?


Let's talk about this word DECEPTION. Deception, beguilement, deceit, bluff, mystification, amongst other things. Deception and manipulation go hand in hand. Both relate to the idea that a person will do whatever in order to get what they want or get to where they want to be. It's sad to realize that deception and manipulation are in the Body of Christ. So you mean to tell me that a sister on my row with her hands in the air may have the ability to deceive me?? That's not cool.


One thing I believe God is currently helping me develop is my discernment. It's pretty good but there's no limit as to how mature I plan to get. I have begun to feel sympathy for manipulators. It has to be miserable to want so much control that you would use trickery and witchcraft. WOW that's serious stuff!


There are certain things I like to be in control of but technically it's usually things that involve me. I would never try to control a person or manipulate a situation. So I can only imagine how desperate a person must be to deceive someone. Deception has ALWAYS bugged me. One thing I don't like is people who pretend to be a certain way for their own personal gain. It's like, if you really want something in life, get it for yourself! It's frustrating seeing people try to step over everyone or take someones place in the process instead of finding their own way.


I had this conversation with two of my friends tonight. One who has had his experiences with feeling deceived and one whose dealing with this now and they both said "Use discernment!" I'm grateful for wisdom. Of course many people try to enter someone's life when they are in a vulnerable state and have ill intentions. I think that has happened to EVERYONE and I am not exempt from that. The one thing that's sad to me is that some people don't realize how much I can see right THROUGH them. I love all people. But even through kind words and kind actions, I can point out hidden intentions or manipulation with a snap of my finger.


I'm learning to not act on emotion but to wait a while and think rationally. I often find myself waking up praying for people who are deceiving and manipulative. That's how I know I'm changing because not too long ago I would've called them out, gave them the duces, and kept it moving lol But not anymore.


I do believe I have great discernment and God is allowing me to have experience in that area so I can grow more. I don't like to call people out unless I feel led because otherwise I feel like I'm abusing that ability and I don't want that to happen. But deceit is a bad feeling and I plan to keep my distance from people who I get that "vibe" from. Of course I know that no one can manipulate me because I have wisdom and see through those schemes, but it's frustrating when people THINK they can. SMH Not happening. Get real. I am so not the gullible type.


That's why it's important to me that I refill the gap between me and my closest family members. Part of me needed the space for a while to come to terms with everything and now that I believe i have, I need to reestablish that connection. I've been blessed with a HUGE family that I took for granted And I'm grateful for that time apart because God truly took the time to show me that I have what so many people wish they had. It was a great feeling to hear their excitement when I finally gave many of them a call. I appreciate them for respecting my space though and that's how I know they genuinely hold my best interest. I'm excited about spending more time with them like the old days and I will never take them all for granted again. EVER. I really did not realize what God gave me! But there's nothing like being COVERED by family so I'm glad I woke up and repositioned myself under their protection. I love them. :-)


I am truly blessed and I know it!
But anyway, be mindful of deception. Everyone is not genuine and may not hold your best interest.


Keep in mind, manipulators have the need to advance their own purposes and their own gain at virtually any cost to others. They don't realize reality will eventually invade their false prosperity. So walk in love folks! The Bible says that whatever you sow, you will reap.


Sow love and reap the harvest!

1 comment:

  1. Good Blog Chelsea...I've been experiencing the same with God blessing me with more discernment...more so with experience...and sometimes with hearing, seeing blah blah blah. And Bless God for not calling people out...lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...